According to the latest report by IMARC Group, titled “Photonic Integrated Circuit Market: Global Industry Trends, Share, Size, Growth, Opportunity and Forecast 2023-2028," the global photonic integrated circuit market reached a value of US$ 9.7 Billion in 2022. A photonic integrated circuit (PIC) is a complex device comprising optical components, such as waveguides, lasers, polarizers, phase shifters, and detectors. It is manufactured using several materials, such as indium phosphide (InP), gallium arsenide (GaAs), lithium niobate (LiNbO3), silicon, and silica-on-silicon. As compared to electronic integrated circuits, PIC offers higher speed, enhanced performance and power efficiency, miniaturization, lower thermal effects, and greater integration capacity and compatibility. As a result, it finds extensive applications across the telecommunication, defense, aerospace, scientific research, automotive, agriculture, and healthcare industries.
Global Photonic Integrated Circuit Market Trends-
The global market is primarily being driven by significant growth in the telecommunication industry. PICs are widely used in optical communication, fifth generation (5G) wireless communication, data centers, and cloud services due to their lower cost, higher bandwidth, faster data transfer, minimum heat dissipation, and reduced power consumption. Furthermore, widespread product utilization in the healthcare industry in optical coherent tomography (OCT) for treating eyes, skin, and neurological diseases and across biosensors, diagnostic kits, and patient tracking systems is acting as another growth-inducing factor. Additionally, the integration of PICs in wearable technologies, such as augmented and virtual reality (AR/VR), to develop miniaturized optics with low-loss integration, a full spectrum of light colors, high power efficiency, and optimal resolution is providing an impetus to the market growth. Moreover, the widespread product adoption in the aerospace and defense industries to manufacture biochemical sensors and components for spacecraft, airplanes, and military gear is creating a positive outlook for the market. Other factors, including increasing application in quantum computing to reduce component size and enhance performance, increasing demand for miniaturized devices, and rising product utilization in the automotive sector due to growing inclination toward electrification, autonomous vehicles, and driver support systems, are anticipated to drive the market toward growth. On account of the aforementioned factors, the market value is expected to reach US$ 30.4 Billion by 2028, exhibiting a CAGR of 19.6% during 2023-2028.
- On the basis of component, the market has been divided into lasers, MUX or DEMUX, optical amplifiers, modulators, attenuators, and detectors.
- Based on the raw material, the market has been categorized into indium phosphide (InP), gallium arsenide (GaAs), lithium niobate (LiNbO3), silicon, and silica-on-silicon.
- On the basis of the integration, the market has been classified into monolithic, hybrid, and module integrations.
- Based on the application, the market has been divided into optical fiber communication, optical fiber sensor, biomedical, and quantum computing.
- On a regional basis, the market has been categorized into North America (the United States and Canada), Asia Pacific (China, Japan, India, South Korea, Australia, Indonesia and others), Europe (Germany, France, the United Kingdom, Italy, Spain, Russia and others) Latin America (Brazil, Mexico and others), and Middle East and Africa.
- The competitive landscape of the industry has also been examined, with some of the key players being Broadcom Inc., ColorChip Ltd., Hamamatsu Photonics K.K., II-VI Incorporated, Infinera Corporation, Intel Corporation, LioniX International, POET Technologies and VLC Photonics S.L. (Hitachi Ltd.).
|Base Year of the Analysis
||Component, Raw Material, Integration, Application, Region
|| Asia Pacific, Europe, North America, Latin America, Middle East and Africa
||United States, Canada, Germany, France, United Kingdom, Italy, Spain, Russia, China, Japan, India, South Korea, Australia, Indonesia, Brazil, Mexico
||Broadcom Inc., ColorChip Ltd., Hamamatsu Photonics K.K., II-VI Incorporated, Infinera Corporation, Intel Corporation, LioniX International, POET Technologies and VLC Photonics S.L. (Hitachi Ltd.).
||10% Free Customization
|Report Price and Purchase Option
||Single User License: US$ 2499
Five User License: US$ 3499
Corporate License: US$ 4499
|Post-Sale Analyst Support
||PDF and Excel through Email (We can also provide the editable version of the report in PPT/Word format on special request)
IMARC Group is a leading market research company that offers management strategy and market research worldwide. We partner with clients in all sectors and regions to identify their highest-value opportunities, address their most critical challenges, and transform their businesses.
IMARC’s information products include major market, scientific, economic and technological developments for business leaders in pharmaceutical, industrial, and high technology organizations. Market forecasts and industry analysis for biotechnology, advanced materials, pharmaceuticals, food and beverage, travel and tourism, nanotechnology and novel processing methods are at the top of the company’s expertise.
Follow us on twitter : @imarcglobal