The latest report by IMARC Group, titled “Photoresist and Photoresist Ancillaries Market: Global Industry Trends, Share, Size, Growth, Opportunity, and Forecast 2022-2027,” finds that the global photoresist and photoresist ancillaries market reached a value of US$ 3.58 in 2021. A photoresist is an organic polymer that can change its chemical structure when exposed to ultraviolet (UV) light. It is widely used to produce magnetic recording heads, printing plates, flat-panel liquid crystal displays, microelectromechanical systems (MEMS), and printed circuit boards (PCBs). On the other hand, photoresist ancillaries are supporting products that are used to improve the efficiency and resolution of the photolithography or photoengraving process.
We are regularly tracking the direct effect of COVID-19 on the market, along with the indirect influence of associated industries. These observations will be integrated into the report.
Global Photoresist and Photoresist Ancillaries Market Trends:
The increasing usage of photoresists in manufacturing flat-panel displays is one of the major factors driving the market growth. Photoresists are required in these displays to respond to the light and form different pixels of red, green, blue, and other colors. Moreover, consumers widely prefer these displays over other variants as they are relatively lighter, thinner, and energy efficient. Besides this, photoresists are utilized in the wiring configuration of multi-layered semiconductors, which serve as a critical component in consumer electronics such as computers, laptops, music players, phones, and other household appliances. This, in confluence with technological advancements in display technology and growth in the semiconductor industry, is anticipated to propel the market growth in the upcoming years. Looking forward, IMARC Group expects the market to reach a value of US$ 4.77 Billion by 2027, exhibiting a CAGR of 4.75% during the forecast period (2022-2027).
- Based on the product type, the photoresist market has been segmented into KrF, g- and i-line, ArF dry, and ArF Immersion.
- Based on the product type, the photoresist ancillaries market has been categorized into anti-reflective coatings, removers, developers, and others.
- On the basis of the application, the market has been divided into semiconductors and ICS, LCDs, printed circuit boards, and others.
- Region-wise, the market has been classified into North America, Asia Pacific, Europe, Middle East and Africa, and Latin America. Amongst these, Asia Pacific accounts for the majority of the global market share.
- The competitive landscape of the market has also been examined, with some of the key players being Tokyo Ohka Kogyo Co., Ltd., JSR Corporation, DuPont de Nemours Inc., Shin-Etsu Chemical Co. Ltd., Fujifilm Electronics Materials Co., Ltd., Sumitomo Chemical Co., Ltd., Merck Az Electronics Materials, Allresist GmbH, Avantor Performance Materials, LLC and Microchemicals GmbH.
IMARC Group is a leading market research company that offers management strategy and market research worldwide. We partner with clients in all sectors and regions to identify their highest-value opportunities, address their most critical challenges, and transform their businesses.
IMARC’s information products include major market, scientific, economic and technological developments for business leaders in pharmaceutical, industrial, and high technology organizations. Market forecasts and industry analysis for biotechnology, advanced materials, pharmaceuticals, food and beverage, travel and tourism, nanotechnology and novel processing methods are at the top of the company’s expertise.
Follow us on twitter : @imarcglobal