According to the latest report by IMARC Group, titled “Planar Lightwave Circuit (PLC) Splitters Market by Type (1×N PLC Splitters, 2×N PLC Splitters), Design Type (Bare Fiber, Blockless, ABS, Fanout, Rack-Mounted, and Others), Application (Telecommunication, FTTX Systems, PON Networks, CATV Networks, LAN, WAN and Metro Networks, and Others), and Region 2023-2028,” the global planar lightwave circuit (PLC) splitters market size reached US$ 1.15 Million in 2022. Planar lightwave circuit (PLC) splitters are essential optical devices used in fiber optic networks to divide or split incoming optical signals into multiple output channels. They are passive devices that work based on the principles of lightwave interference and waveguides. They work based on the principle of waveguide-based light splitting that consists of an optical chip with a waveguide structure that guides and distributes the incoming optical signal to the multiple output ports.
Global Planar Lightwave Circuit (PLC) Splitters Market Trends:
PLC splitters are employed in the telecommunication industry to enable efficient and reliable distribution of optical signals from central aggregation points to remote wireless base stations. This, coupled with the increasing number of mobile phone subscribers and the rising use of high-speed internet connection, represents one of the key factors augmenting the market growth around the world. Moreover, the growing integration of video, voice, and data networks with fiber-to-the-home (FTTH) arrangements is influencing the market positively. In addition, PLC splitters are employed in the healthcare sector for telemedicine applications, medical imaging, and electronic health record (EHR) systems that transmit medical data and images over optical networks. This, along with the increasing requirement for remote patient monitoring (RPM) on account of the surging prevalence of chronic diseases and viral infections among the masses, is bolstering the market growth. Apart from this, the rising adoption of PLC splitters in transportation systems, including railway networks, to support communication between control centers is propelling the growth of the market. Looking forward, the market value is projected to reach US$ 1.78 Million by 2028, expanding at a CAGR of 7.45% during 2023-2028.
- Based on the type, 1×N PLC splitters dominate the market, followed by 2×N PLC splitters.
- On the basis of the design type, the market has been segmented into bare fiber, blockless, ABS, fanout, rack-mounted, and others. Rack-mounted currently accounts for the majority of the total market share.
- Based on the application, the market has been classified into telecommunication, FTTX systems, PON networks, CATV networks, LAN, WAN and metro networks, and others. Presently, FTTX systems hold the largest market share.
- Region-wise, the market has been segregated into North America (the United States and Canada); Asia Pacific (China, Japan, India, South Korea, Australia, Indonesia, and others); Europe (Germany, France, the United Kingdom, Italy, Spain, Russia, and others); Latin America (Brazil, Mexico, and others); and the Middle East and Africa. Amongst these, North America enjoys the leading position in the market.
- The competitive landscape of the market has also been examined, with some of the key players being Broadex Technologies Co. Ltd., Browave Corporation, Changzhou Linket Electronic Technology Co. Ltd., Korea Optron Corp., Ningbo Longxing Telecommunications Equipment Manufacturing Co. Ltd., Ningbo Zhantong Telecom Equipment Co. Ltd., Precision Micro-Optics Inc., Prysmian S.p.A., Senko Advanced Components Inc. (Senko Advance Co. Ltd.), Shanghai Baudcom Communication Device Co. Ltd., Shanghai Sun Telecommunication Co. Ltd. and T&S Communication Co Ltd.
|Base Year of the Analysis
||1×N PLC Splitters, 2×N PLC Splitters
|Design Types Covered
||Bare Fiber, Blockless, ABS, Fanout, Rack-Mounted, Others
||Telecommunication, FTTX Systems, PON Networks, CATV Networks, LAN, WAN and Metro Networks, Others
|| Asia Pacific, Europe, North America, Latin America, Middle East and Africa
||United States, Canada, Germany, France, United Kingdom, Italy, Spain, Russia, China, Japan, India, South Korea, Australia, Indonesia, Brazil, Mexico
||Broadex Technologies Co. Ltd., Browave Corporation, Changzhou Linket Electronic Technology Co. Ltd., Korea Optron Corp., Ningbo Longxing Telecommunications Equipment Manufacturing Co. Ltd., Ningbo Zhantong Telecom Equipment Co. Ltd., Precision Micro-Optics Inc., Prysmian S.p.A., Senko Advanced Components Inc. (Senko Advance Co. Ltd.), Shanghai Baudcom Communication Device Co. Ltd., Shanghai Sun Telecommunication Co. Ltd., T&S Communication Co Ltd., etc.
||10% Free Customization
|Report Price and Purchase Option
||Single User License: US$ 2499
Five User License: US$ 3499
Corporate License: US$ 4499
|Post-Sale Analyst Support
||PDF and Excel through Email (We can also provide the editable version of the report in PPT/Word format on special request)
IMARC Group is a leading market research company that offers management strategy and market research worldwide. We partner with clients in all sectors and regions to identify their highest-value opportunities, address their most critical challenges, and transform their businesses.
IMARC’s information products include major market, scientific, economic and technological developments for business leaders in pharmaceutical, industrial, and high technology organizations. Market forecasts and industry analysis for biotechnology, advanced materials, pharmaceuticals, food and beverage, travel and tourism, nanotechnology and novel processing methods are at the top of the company’s expertise.
134 N 4th St.
Brooklyn, NY 11249, USA
Americas:- +1 631 791 1145 | Africa and Europe :- +44-702-409-7331 | Asia: +91-120-433-0800, +91-120-433-0800