IMARC Group’s latest report, titled “Plasma Fractionation Market: Global Industry Trends, Share, Size, Growth, Opportunity and Forecast 2022-2027,” finds that the global plasma fractionation market size reached US$ 22.37 Billion in 2021. Plasma fractionation refers to the process of separating the blood plasma into its constituent proteins, such as immunoglobulins, albumin, and coagulation proteins. It involves the downstream processing of donated plasma into life-saving therapies and medicinal products. It relies on mechanical separation methods, such as centrifugation, depth filtration, precipitation, and chromatography, to break plasma into individual proteins or fractions. In recent years, plasma fractionation is gaining immense traction across the globe as protein products fractionated from human plasma are an important class of therapeutics that aid in the prevention, management, and treatment of life-threatening conditions.
We are regularly tracking the direct effect of COVID-19 on the market, along with the indirect influence of associated industries. These observations will be integrated into the report.
Global Plasma Fractionation Market Trends:
The rising incidences of chronic diseases, such as congenital deficiencies, rare blood disorders, infections, immunological disorders, and autoimmune disorders, represent the primary factor driving the market growth. Besides this, the expanding geriatric population that is more susceptible to developing rare conditions requiring the usage of blood derivatives is acting as another significant growth-inducing factor. Moreover, there has been a rise in the use of immunoglobulins and alpha-1-antitrypsin in numerous fields of medicine. Along with this, several favorable government initiatives, such as the launch of awareness programs encouraging blood donation and funding for research and development (R&D) activities for plasma treatments, have augmented the product demand. Additionally, the introduction of stringent regulations and standard controls and settings by governments of various countries on quality assurance of biological products has prompted the leading manufacturers to develop plasma fractionation with additional safety features. In line with this, the development of in-process viral reduction treatments has led to the launch of novel protein therapeutics and improvements in product purity and quality, thereby contributing to market growth. Furthermore, the shifting focus of key players toward introducing cost-effective viral inactivation and processing technologies that enable the safe utilization of local plasma resources has propelled market growth. Other factors, including the increasing establishment of blood collection facilities, surging regulatory approvals of new drugs, and recent advancements in plasma production technology, are also creating a favorable market outlook. Looking forward, IMARC Group expects the market value to reach US$ 33.11 Billion by 2027, growing at a CAGR of 6.30% during 2022-2027.
- Based on the product, the market has been classified into immunoglobulins, albumin, coagulation factor VIII, and coagulation factor IX.
- On the basis of the sector, the market has been bifurcated into private and public sectors.
- The market has been divided based on the application into neurology, immunology, hematology, and other applications.
- Based on the end user, the market has been categorized into hospitals and clinics, clinical research laboratories, and academic institutes.
- Region-wise, the market has been segregated into North America (the United States and Canada), Asia-Pacific (China, Japan, India, South Korea, Australia, Indonesia, and others), Europe (Germany, France, the United Kingdom, Italy, Spain, Russia, and others), Latin America (Brazil, Mexico, and others) and the Middle East and Africa.
- The competitive landscape of the market has also been analyzed, with some of the key players being ADMA Biologics Inc., Bio Products Laboratory Ltd., Boccard S.A., Grifols S.A., Hemarus Therapeutics Limited, Intas Pharmaceuticals Limited, LFB S.A., Merck Group, Octapharma AG, PlasmaGen BioSciences Pvt. Ltd., SK Plasma Co. Ltd., and Virchow Biotech Private Limited.
IMARC Group is a leading market research company that offers management strategy and market research worldwide. We partner with clients in all sectors and regions to identify their highest-value opportunities, address their most critical challenges, and transform their businesses.
IMARC’s information products include major market, scientific, economic and technological developments for business leaders in pharmaceutical, industrial, and high technology organizations. Market forecasts and industry analysis for biotechnology, advanced materials, pharmaceuticals, food and beverage, travel and tourism, nanotechnology and novel processing methods are at the top of the company’s expertise.
30 N Gould St, Ste
Sheridan, WY (Wyoming) 82801 USA
Tel No:(D) +91 120 433 0800
Americas:- +1 631 791 1145 | Africa and Europe :- +44-702-409-7331 | Asia: +91-120-433-0800, +91-120-433-0800