According to the latest report by IMARC Group, titled "Plastic Surgery Instruments Market: Global Industry Trends, Share, Size, Growth, Opportunity and Forecast 2022-2027," the global plastic surgery instruments market reached a value of US$ 854.6 Million in 2021. Plastic surgery refers to the procedure that is performed to replace, alter, restore, or reconstruct certain areas of the body. Some of the most common areas of focus in the surgery include the skin, torso, breast, musculoskeletal, and cranial and maxillofacial regions. Numerous instruments made from a variety of materials, including metal and fiber, are used for performing several cosmetic and reconstructive surgeries. They are sterilizable while being non-corrosive and non-allergenic in nature. Some of the most common instruments include forceps, scissors, dissectors, clamps, chisels and needle holders.
We are regularly tracking the direct effect of COVID-19 on the market, along with the indirect influence of associated industries. These observations will be integrated into the report.
Global Plastic Surgery Instruments Market Trends:
The market is primarily driven by the growing willingness among individuals to undergo reconstructive and cosmetic surgeries. This can be attributed to the increasing consciousness about physical appearances among the masses. There has also been a significant increase in the incidences of various forms of cancer, which often leads to scarred or distorted appearances. Since plastic surgeries are performed by healthcare professionals to enhance the aesthetic appearance of the human body and restore the function of tissues, this is providing a thrust to the market growth. The market is further driven by the rising preference for minimally invasive (MI) surgeries across the globe. Along with this, numerous players are now offering advanced techniques, such as laser technology, to extract the exterior layer of the skin that offer improved outcomes and result in successful surgeries. A majority of the population is, therefore, opting for laser surgeries for cosmetic procedures to improve their overall appearance. This, along with the advancements in tissue engineering, gene therapy, alloplastic materials and computer-assisted imaging technology, is facilitating the uptake of plastic surgery instruments. Some of the other factors contributing to the market growth include a considerable increase in the geriatric population and the growing adoption of medical tourism for elective surgeries. On account of the aforementioned factors, the market is anticipated to grow at CAGR of 8.39% during 2022-2027.
- On the basis of the type, the market has been divided handheld instruments (forceps, scissors, needle holders, retractors and others), electrosurgical instruments (bipolar and monopolar instruments) and others.
- Based on the procedure, the market has been bifurcated into cosmetic surgery (breast, face and head cosmetic, and body and extremities cosmetic procedures) and reconstructive surgery (breast reconstruction surgery, congenital deformity correction, tumor removal and others).
- On the basis of the end user, the market has been classified into hospitals, dermatology clinics and others.
- On the geographical front, the market has been segregated into North America (the United States and Canada), Europe (Germany, France, the United Kingdom, Italy, Spain, Russia and others), Asia Pacific (China, Japan, India, South Korea, Australia, Indonesia and others), Latin America (Brazil, Mexico and others), and Middle East and Africa.
- The competitive landscape of the market has been studied in the report with the detailed profiles of the key players. Some of these players include Anthony Products Inc., B. Braun Melsungen Aktiengesellschaft (B. Braun Holding GmbH & Co. KG), Blink Medical, BMT Medizintechnik GmbH, Bolton Surgical Ltd., Integra Lifesciences Holdings Corporation, Karl Storz SE & Co. KG, Sklar Corporation, Tekno-Medical Optik-Chirurgie GmbH and Zimmer Biomet Holdings Inc.
IMARC Group is a leading market research company that offers management strategy and market research worldwide. We partner with clients in all sectors and regions to identify their highest-value opportunities, address their most critical challenges, and transform their businesses.
IMARC’s information products include major market, scientific, economic and technological developments for business leaders in pharmaceutical, industrial, and high technology organizations. Market forecasts and industry analysis for biotechnology, advanced materials, pharmaceuticals, food and beverage, travel and tourism, nanotechnology and novel processing methods are at the top of the company’s expertise.
30 N Gould St, Ste R
Sheridan, WY (Wyoming) 82801 USA
Tel No:(D) +91 120 433 0800
Americas:- +1 631 791 1145 | Africa and Europe :- +44-702-409-7331 | Asia: +91-120-433-0800, +91-120-433-0800