According to the latest report by IMARC Group, titled “Playout Automation and Channel-in-a-Box Market: Global Industry Trends, Share, Size, Growth, Opportunity and Forecast 2023-2028”, the global playout automation and channel-in-a-box market size reached US$ 17.2 Billion in 2022. Playout automation refers to the automated process of scheduling, managing, and delivering television content for broadcast, while channel-in-a-box integrates the functionalities of television channel playout in a single hardware device. They are interconnected technologies which are employed in the broadcasting sector to streamline and automate the delivery of television content. Playout automation systems involve software-based solutions that handle the entire content workflow, and CiaB systems receive the content, apply graphics and branding elements, and perform video and audio processing and output the final broadcast signal. After receiving content from various sources, such as live feeds, pre-recorded files, and external servers, playout automation manages the scheduling and sequencing and CiaB applies I/O interfaces for efficient content management. As a result, they are extensively utilized in linear channels, cable networks, satellite channels, IPTV, OTT platforms, and disaster recovery scenarios.
Global Playout Automation and Channel-in-a-box Market Trends:
The global market is majorly driven by the escalating demand for streamlining operations at reduce costs among broadcasters and media organizations. In line with this, the rising need for integration of ingest functions, transcoding, scheduling, and playout, into a unified and automated workflow is resulting in a higher product uptake. With the growing demand for multichannel broadcasting, the need for managing multiple channels simultaneously from a centralized platform is increasing, which. in turn, is creating lucrative opportunities in the market. In addition to this, the augmenting demand for time-shifting, catch-up TV, and localized content for specific regions to enhance viewer engagement and increase advertising revenues is providing an impetus to the market growth. The market is further fueled by the continual technological advancements, such as IP-based workflows, cloud computing, and virtualization, which are influencing the market positively. Furthermore, considerable rise in the popularity of Over-The-Top (OTT) services and streaming platforms is propelling the product demand on the global level. Some of the other factor contributing to the market include rapid urbanization, widespread adoption of smart TVs among the masses, and extensive research and development (R&D) activities. On account of the aforementioned factors, the market is anticipated to reach a value of US$ 38.6 Billion by 2028, exhibiting a CAGR of 14.6% during 2023-2028.
- Based on the component, the market has been segmented into payment automation, servers, character generators, logo inserters, channel-in-a-box, and others.
- On the basis of the operation, the market has been divided into broadcasting, video and image processing, graphics, and others.
- Based on the application, the market has been categorized into entertainment, news, sports, cartoons, lifestyle, and others.
- On the basis of the channel type, the market has been classified into single channel, multiple channel, and multi-purpose/advanced channel.
- Based on the end user, the market has been bifurcated into national and international broadcasters.
- On the geographical front, the market has been segregated into North America (the United States and Canada), Asia-Pacific (China, Japan, India, South Korea, Australia, Indonesia and others), Europe (Germany, France, the United Kingdom, Italy, Spain, Russia and others), Latin America (Brazil, Mexico and others), and Middle East and Africa.
- The competitive landscape of the market has been studied in the report with the detailed profiles of the key players. Some of these players include Anyware Video company, Aveco s.r.o, Axel Technology Srl, BroadStream Solutions Inc., Evertz Microsystems Ltd, Florical Systems Inc, Harmonic Inc, Imagine Communications (The Gores Group), Pebble Beach Systems Ltd. (Vislink plc), Pixel Power Ltd. (Rohde & Schwarz), and PlayBox Technology (UK) Ltd.
|Base Year of the Analysis
||Component, Operation, Application, Channel Type, End-User, Region
|| Asia Pacific, Europe, North America, Latin America, Middle East and Africa
||United States, Canada, Germany, France, United Kingdom, Italy, Spain, Russia, China, Japan, India, South Korea, Australia, Indonesia, Brazil, Mexico
||Anyware Video company, Aveco s.r.o, Axel Technology Srl, BroadStream Solutions Inc., Evertz Microsystems Ltd, Florical Systems Inc, Harmonic Inc, Imagine Communications (The Gores Group), Pebble Beach Systems Ltd. (Vislink plc), Pixel Power Ltd. (Rohde & Schwarz) and PlayBox Technology (UK) Ltd.
||10% Free Customization
|Report Price and Purchase Option
||Single User License: US$ 2499
Five User License: US$ 3499
Corporate License: US$ 4499
|Post-Sale Analyst Support
||PDF and Excel through Email (We can also provide the editable version of the report in PPT/Word format on special request)
IMARC Group is a leading market research company that offers management strategy and market research worldwide. We partner with clients in all sectors and regions to identify their highest-value opportunities, address their most critical challenges, and transform their businesses.
IMARC’s information products include major market, scientific, economic and technological developments for business leaders in pharmaceutical, industrial, and high technology organizations. Market forecasts and industry analysis for biotechnology, advanced materials, pharmaceuticals, food and beverage, travel and tourism, nanotechnology and novel processing methods are at the top of the company’s expertise.
134 N 4th St.
Brooklyn, NY 11249, USA
Americas:- +1 631 791 1145 | Africa and Europe :- +44-702-409-7331 | Asia: +91-120-433-0800, +91-120-433-0800