The latest report by IMARC Group, titled “Polymer Coated Fabrics Market: Global Industry Trends, Share, Size, Growth, Opportunity and Forecast 2022-2027,” finds that the global polymer coated fabrics market reached US$ 26.2 Billion in 2021. Polymer coated fabrics are engineered composite materials that consist of fillers, pigments, antioxidants, reinforcement fibers, fire retardant chemicals, and UV radiation and heat stabilizers. These fabrics are treated and glazed with polymers, including acrylic, polyurethane (PU), polytetrafluoroethylene (PTFE), and polyvinyl chloride (PVC). In addition, they offer useful structural properties such as notable weather and corrosion resistance, impermeability to grease and dirt, and marked fabric abrasions. Owing to these properties, polymer coated fabrics find extensive application in aerospace, automotive, electronics, chemical processing, geotextile, and defense industries.
We are regularly tracking the direct effect of COVID-19 on the market, along with the indirect influence of associated industries. These observations will be integrated into the report.
Global Polymer Coated Fabrics Market Trends:
The market is primarily driven by the increasing demand for high visibility waterproof protective clothing for the safety of workers in various industries. Similarly, they find commercial applications in fireproof safety clothing for firefighters. Furthermore, in the automotive industry, polymer coated fabrics are used to manufacture seat belts, covers, airbags, roofing, and interiors of the vehicle, which is fueling the market growth. This can also be attributed to the stringent government guidelines regarding vehicle safety and security standards that have resulted in the installation of airbags in vehicles. Moreover, polymer coated fabrics are utilized in geotextiles that are utilized to construct roads, channels, and low embankment dams. As a result, the rapid expansion of the construction industry is also propelling the market growth. Furthermore, factors such as rapid urbanization and inflating income levels among consumers are positively influencing the product demand. Looking forward, the market value is expected to reach US$ 34.6 Billion by 2027, exhibiting a CAGR of 4.80% during the forecast period (2022-2027).
- Based on the polymer type, the market has been segmented into polyvinyl, polyurethane, polyethylene, and other coated fabrics.
- On the basis of the material type, the market has been classified into knitted, woven, and non-woven materials.
- The market has been categorized based on the application into transportation, protective clothing, roofing, awnings and canopies, furniture and seating, and others.
- Region-wise, the market has been divided into North America (the United States and Canada), Asia Pacific (China, Japan, India, South Korea, Australia, Indonesia, and others), Europe (Germany, France, the United Kingdom, Italy, Spain, Russia, and others), Latin America (Brazil, Mexico, and others), and Middle East and Africa.
- The competitive landscape of the market has been examined, with some of the key players being Continental AG, Cooley Group Holdings Inc., Graniteville Specialty Fabrics, Heytex Bramsche GmbH, Industrial Sedo S.L, Morbern. Inc., Saint-Gobain Performance Plastics (Compagnie de Saint-Gobain S.A.), SergeFerrari Group, SRF Limited, The Haartz Corporation, Trelleborg AB, and Uniroyal Global Engineered Products Inc.
IMARC Group is a leading market research company that offers management strategy and market research worldwide. We partner with clients in all sectors and regions to identify their highest-value opportunities, address their most critical challenges, and transform their businesses.
IMARC’s information products include major market, scientific, economic and technological developments for business leaders in pharmaceutical, industrial, and high technology organizations. Market forecasts and industry analysis for biotechnology, advanced materials, pharmaceuticals, food and beverage, travel and tourism, nanotechnology and novel processing methods are at the top of the company’s expertise.
Follow us on twitter : @imarcglobal