The latest report by IMARC Group, titled “Portable Scanner Market: Global Industry Trends, Share, Size, Growth, Opportunity, and Forecast 2022-2027,” finds that the global portable scanner market size reached US$ 1.5 Billion in 2021. A portable scanner, also known as a handheld scanner, is a USB or battery-operated hardware device that uses optical character recognition (OCR) technology to capture images of scanned documents and convert them into digital files. It stores the scanned digital files on computers, smartphones or tablets and the cloud. It comprises a display for selecting different scan modes, showing the memory available and indicating the status of a scan. As a result, portable scanners are widely adopted in various industrial processes, such as warehouse management, to detect and inspect products and raw materials, and in the transportation sector for tracking assets, luggage, and boarding pass.
We are regularly tracking the direct effect of COVID-19 on the market, along with the indirect influence of associated industries. These observations will be integrated into the report.
Global Portable Scanner Market Trends:
The market is primarily driven by the growing popularity of wireless communication technologies. For instance, there has been escalating demand for wireless portable scanners in the corporate sector for scanning documents, receipts, and cards during business travel. Besides this, key players are integrating advanced technologies, such as artificial intelligence (AI), three-dimensional (3D) laser and auto-scan, with portable scanners to provide enhanced accuracy. This, coupled with the rising product adoption in pharmacies to inspect drugs, digitize patient records and provide improved care in hospitals, is propelling the market growth. Furthermore, the emerging trend of miniaturization in electronics devices, the increasing sales of smartphones, and expanding pharmaceutical industry are some of the other factors creating a favorable market outlook across the globe. Looking forward, IMARC Group expects the market value to reach US$ 1.9 Billion by 2027, exhibiting a CAGR of 5.06% during the forecast period (2022-2027).
- Based on the type, the market has been classified into stationary, non-rugged barcode, automatic, and other scanners.
- On the basis of technology, the market has been categorized into 2D imager, linear imager, and laser scanner.
- Based on the end use industry, the market has been segmented into transportation and logistics, retail stores, industrial manufacturing, and others.
- Region-wise, the market has been divided into North America (the United States and Canada), Asia Pacific (China, Japan, India, South Korea, Australia, Indonesia, and others), Europe (Germany, France, the United Kingdom, Italy, Spain, Russia, and others), Latin America (Brazil, Mexico, and others), and Middle East and Africa.
- The competitive landscape of the market has been studied in the report, with some of the key players being Canon Inc., Datalogic S.p.A (Hydra S.p.A), Fujitsu Limited (Furukawa Group), Honeywell International Inc., HP Inc., Opticon Sensors Europe B.V., SATO Holdings Corporation, Seiko Epson Corporation, Toshiba TEC Corporation and Zebra Technologies.
IMARC Group is a leading market research company that offers management strategy and market research worldwide. We partner with clients in all sectors and regions to identify their highest-value opportunities, address their most critical challenges, and transform their businesses.
IMARC’s information products include major market, scientific, economic and technological developments for business leaders in pharmaceutical, industrial, and high technology organizations. Market forecasts and industry analysis for biotechnology, advanced materials, pharmaceuticals, food and beverage, travel and tourism, nanotechnology and novel processing methods are at the top of the company’s expertise.
30 N Gould St, Ste R
Sheridan, WY 82801, USA
Americas: +1-631-791-1145 | Europe & Africa: +44-753-713-2163 | Asia: +91-120-433-0800