According to the latest report by IMARC Group, titled “Positron Emission Tomography (PET) Market: Global Industry Trends, Share, Size, Growth, Opportunity and Forecast 2020-2025,” the global positron emission tomography (PET) market size reached US$ 1,125 Million in 2019. Positron emission tomography (PET) is a nuclear medicine procedure that aids in measuring the metabolic activity of the cells. In this procedure, a tiny amount of radioactive glucose, known as a radiopharmaceutical or radioactive tracer, is used to assist in the examination of tissue. PET scans help to visualize the biochemical changes taking place in the body, such as the metabolism of the heart muscle. They also generate a detailed image of areas containing glucose, which helps in assessing the functions of organs and tissues effectively. Consequently, they are used for evaluating several conditions, such as cancer, heart diseases and brain disorders.
We are regularly tracking the direct effect of COVID-19 on the market, along with the indirect influence of associated industries. These observations will be integrated into the report.
Global Positron Emission Tomography (PET) Market Trends:
PET imaging has evolved from an imaging modality used for research to a standard component of diagnosing and staging in oncology and specific neurological and cardiovascular indications. The sudden outbreak of the coronavirus disease (COVID-19) has further increased the use of PET imaging as it supports the development of novel therapeutics and helps in the study of the pathogenesis of SARS-CoV-2, the COVID-19 virus. Furthermore, modern systems have been introduced that utilize gamma camera systems. They can complete a scan more quickly and at a lower cost than a traditional PET scan. With advancements in PET technologies, it is being used in conjunction with other diagnostic tests, such as computed tomography (CT) or magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) to provide more definitive information about cancerous tumors and lesions. On account of these factors, the market is anticipated to exhibit moderate growth during 2020-2025.
- Based on the product type, the market has been bifurcated into full ring and partial ring pet scanners.
- On the basis of the detector type, the market has been categorized into Bismuth Germanium Oxide (BGO), Lutetium Oxyorthosilicate (LSO), Lutetium Fine Silicate (LFS), Lutetium Yttrium Orthosilicate (LYO) and Gadolinium Oxyorthosilicate (GSO).
- The market has been classified based on the application into cardiology, neurology, oncology and others.
- On the basis of the end user, the market has been segregated into hospitals and clinics, diagnostic centers, and others.
- Region-wise, the market has been segmented into North America (the United States and Canada), Asia Pacific (China, Japan, India, South Korea, Australia, Indonesia and others), Europe (Germany, France, the United Kingdom, Italy, Russia, Spain and others), Latin America (Brazil, Mexico and others), and Middle East and Africa.
- The competitive landscape of the market has been examined, with some of the key players being Agfa Healthcare (Dedalus Group), GE Healthcare, Koninklijke Philips NV, Neusoft Medical Systems, Positron Corporation, Oncovision (Bruker), Mediso Medical Imaging Systems Ltd., Siemens Healthineers AG, Segami Corporation and Hitachi Ltd.
IMARC Group is a leading market research company that offers management strategy and market research worldwide. We partner with clients in all sectors and regions to identify their highest-value opportunities, address their most critical challenges, and transform their businesses.
IMARC’s information products include major market, scientific, economic and technological developments for business leaders in pharmaceutical, industrial, and high technology organizations. Market forecasts and industry analysis for biotechnology, advanced materials, pharmaceuticals, food and beverage, travel and tourism, nanotechnology and novel processing methods are at the top of the company’s expertise.
30 N Gould St, Ste R
Sheridan, WY (Wyoming) 82801 USA
Tel No:(D) +91 120 433 0800
Americas:- +1 631 791 1145 | Africa and Europe :- +44-702-409-7331 | Asia: +91-120-433-0800, +91-120-433-0800