According to the latest report by IMARC Group, titled “Power Transformer Market Report by Core (Closed, Shell, Berry), Insulation (Gas, Oil, Solid, Air, and Others), Phase (Single, Three), Rating (100 MVA To 500 MVA, 501 MVA To 800 MVA, 801 MVA To 1200 MVA), Application (Residential and Commercial, Utilities, Industrial), and Region 2023-2028,” the global power transformer market size reached US$ 23.14 Billion in 2022. A power transformer is a vital electrical device that plays a pivotal role in electricity distribution and transmission networks. It serves as a crucial link between power generators, substations, and end-users by transforming voltage levels to facilitate efficient and safe electricity transfer. Power transformers operate on the principle of electromagnetic induction, converting electrical energy from one voltage level to another, enabling long-distance power transmission while minimizing energy loss. These transformers consist of primary and secondary coils wound around a core made of laminated steel, which enhances the transformer's efficiency by reducing magnetic losses. When high-voltage electricity enters the primary coil, it generates a magnetic field that induces a corresponding voltage in the secondary coil, albeit at a different voltage level.
Global Power Transformer Market Trends:
The global market is driven by the increasing demand for electricity, fueled by rapid industrialization, urbanization, and technological advancements. As economies expand, the need for efficient power transmission and distribution systems becomes paramount, propelling the demand for power transformers that play a crucial role in voltage conversion and grid stability. Moreover, the global push towards renewable energy sources has significantly impacted the market. Integration of renewable energy, such as wind and solar, into the grid, requires efficient power transformation to match varying energy outputs with demand. Power transformers facilitate this integration by stepping up or down the voltage as required, thereby contributing to a more resilient and adaptable energy landscape. Furthermore, the rising awareness of energy conservation and the emphasis on reducing energy losses during transmission and distribution further fuel the demand for advanced power transformers. These transformers minimize energy losses, improve overall system efficiency, and contribute to energy saving. Looking forward, the market value is projected to reach US$ 35.95 Billion by 2028, expanding at a CAGR of 7.22% during 2023-2028.
- Based on the core, the market has been segmented into closed, shell, and berry. Currently, the shell represents the largest market segment.
- On the basis of the insulation, the market has been divided into gas, oil, solid, air, and others. Among these, oil insulation exhibits a clear dominance in the market.
- Based on the phase, the market has been bifurcated into single and three. Among these, three phase accounts for the largest market share.
- On the basis of the rating, the market has been divided into 100 MVA to 500 MVA, 501 MVA to 800 MVA, and 801 MVA to 1200 MVA. Among these 100 MVA to 500 MVA exhibit a clear dominance in the market.
- On the basis of the application, the market has been divided into residential and commercial, utilities, and industrial. Among these, industrial exhibits a clear dominance in the market.
- Region-wise, the market has been segmented into North America (the United States and Canada), Europe (Germany, France, the United Kingdom, Italy, Spain, and others), Asia Pacific (China, Japan, India, South Korea, Australia, Indonesia, and others), Latin America (Brazil, Mexico, and others), and the Middle East and Africa. Among these, Asia Pacific holds the leading position in the market.
- The competitive landscape of the market has also been examined, with some of the key players being Bharat Heavy Electricals Limited, Daihen Corporation, General Electric Company, Hitachi Ltd., Hyosung Heavy Industries Corporation, Hyundai Electric & Energy Systems Co. Ltd., Kirloskar Electric Co. Ltd., Mitsubishi Electric Power Products Inc. (Mitsubishi Electric Corporation), Schneider Electric Se, Siemens Energy AG, and The Kraft Heinz Company.
|Base Year of the Analysis
|Scope of the Report
||Exploration of Historical and Forecast Trends, Industry Catalysts and Challenges, Segment-Wise Historical and Predictive Market Assessment:
||Closed, Shell, Berry
||Gas, Oil, Solid, Air, Others
||100 MVA To 500 MVA, 501 MVA To 800 MVA, 801 MVA To 1200 MVA
||Residential and Commercial, Utilities, Industrial
|| Asia Pacific, Europe, North America, Latin America, Middle East and Africa
||United States, Canada, Germany, France, United Kingdom, Italy, Spain, China, Japan, India, South Korea, Australia, Indonesia, Brazil, Mexico
||Bharat Heavy Electricals Limited, Daihen Corporation, General Electric Company, Hitachi Ltd., Hyosung Heavy Industries Corporation, Hyundai Electric & Energy Systems Co. Ltd., Kirloskar Electric Co. Ltd., Mitsubishi Electric Power Products Inc. (Mitsubishi Electric Corporation), Schneider Electric Se, Siemens Energy AG, The Kraft Heinz Company, etc.
||10% Free Customization
|Report Price and Purchase Option
||Single User License: US$ 2499
Five User License: US$ 3499
Corporate License: US$ 4499
|Post-Sale Analyst Support
||PDF and Excel through Email (We can also provide the editable version of the report in PPT/Word format on special request)
IMARC Group is a leading market research company that offers management strategy and market research worldwide. We partner with clients in all sectors and regions to identify their highest-value opportunities, address their most critical challenges, and transform their businesses.
IMARC’s information products include major market, scientific, economic and technological developments for business leaders in pharmaceutical, industrial, and high technology organizations. Market forecasts and industry analysis for biotechnology, advanced materials, pharmaceuticals, food and beverage, travel and tourism, nanotechnology and novel processing methods are at the top of the company’s expertise.
134 N 4th St.
Brooklyn, NY 11249, USA
Americas:- +1 631 791 1145 | Africa and Europe :- +44-702-409-7331 | Asia: +91-120-433-0800, +91-120-433-0800