According to the latest report by IMARC Group, titled "Power Transistors Market: Global Industry Trends, Share, Size, Growth, Opportunity and Forecast 2020-2025," the global power transistors market size grew at a CAGR of 4.5% during 2014-2019. Power transistors are semiconductor devices that are widely used to amplify weak electrical signals and regulate them accordingly. They can also be employed as switches in several high-power applications. They consist of three semiconductor terminals that are known as the base, emitter and collector. These electronic components can be of NPN or PNP polarity and they assist in improving the insulation or conductivity of the transistor. Designed to control high current-voltage ratings, they are commonly available in multiple power and switching speed ratings. These transistors are associated with improving the system reliability and enhancing the power efficiency of numerous electronic products while minimizing power loss. As a result, they are extensively utilized across numerous industries, including automotive, communication and consumer electronics.
We are regularly tracking the direct effect of COVID-19 on the market, along with the indirect influence of associated industries. These observations will be integrated into the report.
Global Power Transistors Market Trends:
The market is driven by the increasing demand for connected electronic devices on the global level. Power transistors form an essential component of various electronic products as they aid in improving switch performance and enhancing system reliability. They are also extremely power efficient while offering low carbon dioxide emissions and electricity consumption. This, along with the growing adoption of power-saving electronics across the globe, is providing a thrust to the market growth. The market is further driven by the numerous government initiatives aimed to promote efficient usage of energy. Apart from this, there has been a shifting preference for the use of gallium nitride (GaN) transistors globally. For instance, Cambridge Electronics, Inc., a spin-off from the Massachusetts Institute of Technology, has now launched a line of GaN transistors that are expected to offer lower resistance and minimize power consumption in electronic devices by nearly 20%. This, supported by the extensive research and development (R&D) activities focused on improving the performance parameters of power transistors, is anticipated to create a positive outlook for the market. Some of the other factors contributing to the market growth include the introduction of new semiconductor materials and the rising trend of miniaturization in product design. On account of the aforementioned factors, the market is anticipated to exhibit moderate growth during 2020-2025.
- On the basis of the product, the market has been divided into low-voltage FETs, IGBT modules, RF/ microwave transistors, high voltage FETs, IGBT transistors and others.
- Based on the type, the market has been classified into bipolar junction transistors, field effect transistors, heterojunction bipolar transistors and others.
- On the basis of the end use, the market has been categorized into consumer electronics, communication and technology, automotive, manufacturing, energy and power, and others.
- Based on the application, the market has been bifurcated into OEMs and aftermarket.
- On the geographical front, the market has been segregated into North America (the United States and Canada), Europe (Germany, France, the United Kingdom, Italy, Spain, Russia and others), Asia Pacific (China, Japan, India, South Korea, Australia, Indonesia and others), Latin America (Brazil, Mexico and others), and Middle East and Africa.
- The competitive landscape of the market has been examined in the report with the detailed profiles of the key players. Some of these players include Champion Microelectronic Corp., Diodes Incorporated, Infineon Technologies AG, Linear Integrated Systems, Mitsubishi Electric Corporation, NXP Semiconductors N.V., Semiconductor Components Industries, LLC, Renesas Electronics Corporation, SEMIKRON International GmbH, STMicroelectronics International N.V., Texas Instruments Incorporated, Torex Semiconductor Ltd., Toshiba Corporation, and Vishay Intertechnology, Inc.
IMARC Group is a leading market research company that offers management strategy and market research worldwide. We partner with clients in all sectors and regions to identify their highest-value opportunities, address their most critical challenges, and transform their businesses.
IMARC’s information products include major market, scientific, economic and technological developments for business leaders in pharmaceutical, industrial, and high technology organizations. Market forecasts and industry analysis for biotechnology, advanced materials, pharmaceuticals, food and beverage, travel and tourism, nanotechnology and novel processing methods are at the top of the company’s expertise.
30 N Gould St, Ste R
Sheridan, WY (Wyoming) 82801 USA
Tel No:(D) +91 120 433 0800
Americas:- +1 631 791 1145 | Africa and Europe :- +44-702-409-7331 | Asia: +91-120-433-0800, +91-120-433-0800