The latest report by IMARC Group, titled “Pretzel Market: Global Industry Trends, Share, Size, Growth, Opportunity, and Forecast 2022-2027,” finds that the global pretzel market size reached US$ 7.13 Billion in 2021. Pretzels are a kind of bread usually made from rye flour or wheat and various other ingredients, including sugar, yeast, water, salt, and butter. They are available in many shapes and sizes, like in a twisted knot. Soft pretzels are large and possess a chewy texture meanwhile hard pretzels are small and crunchy. They are usually available at most grocery and convenience stores, making them an easy snack choice. They are a rich source of folate, iron and niacin, which play a significant role in metabolizing and digesting proteins, carbohydrates, and fats while reducing cholesterol levels and lowering the risk of cardiovascular diseases. In recent years, pretzels have gained momentum among the young generation due to the introduction of new product variants in different shapes and sizes.
We are regularly tracking the direct effect of COVID-19 on the market, along with the indirect influence of associated industries. These observations will be integrated into the report.
Global Pretzel Market Trends:
One of the primary factors driving the market is the rapid shift in tastes and preferences and the hectic lifestyles of consumers. Additionally, due to the expanding food industry, pretzels are extensively being sold through various food service establishments and retail outlets. Besides this, the increasing penetration of e-commerce platforms is creating a positive market outlook. Other than this, the market players are introducing a variety of pretzels with exotic flavors, such as butter, honey mustard, barbecue, parmesan, and garlic. Furthermore, leading manufacturers are also adopting distinctive and innovative packaging techniques with resealable lids, which aid in preserving the freshness and extending the shelf-life of the products. With the increasing disposable incomes of the masses and rising number of health-conscious individuals, several key players are introducing cholesterol-, trans fat-, all-natural, and gluten-free products with vital minerals and vitamins to expand their consumer base. Looking forward, IMARC Group expects the market value to reach US$ 8.71 Billion by 2027, expanding at a CAGR of 3.22% during the forecast period (2022-2027).
- Based on the content, the market has been bifurcated into salted and unsalted pretzels.
- On the basis of the type, the market has been segmented into hard and soft.
- The market has been divided based on the packaging type into bags, boxes, containers, and others.
- Based on the distribution channel, the market has been classified into supermarkets and hypermarkets, convenience stores, specialist stores, online retailers, and others.
- On the basis of the region, the market has been categorized into Europe, North America, Asia Pacific, Middle East and Africa, and Latin America.
- The competitive landscape of the market has also been analyzed, with some of the key players being Johnson Auntie Anne’s, Boulder Brands Inc., Conagra Brands Inc., Frito-Lay North America, Inc, Herr Foods Inc., Intersnack Group GmbH & Co. KG, J&J Snacks Foods Corporation, , Incorporated, Mr. Pretzel, Old Dutch Foods Inc., Philly Pretzel Factory, and Pretzels Inc.
IMARC Group is a leading market research company that offers management strategy and market research worldwide. We partner with clients in all sectors and regions to identify their highest-value opportunities, address their most critical challenges, and transform their businesses.
IMARC’s information products include major market, scientific, economic and technological developments for business leaders in pharmaceutical, industrial, and high technology organizations. Market forecasts and industry analysis for biotechnology, advanced materials, pharmaceuticals, food and beverage, travel and tourism, nanotechnology and novel processing methods are at the top of the company’s expertise.
30 N Gould St, Ste R
Sheridan, WY 82801, USA
Americas: +1-631-791-1145 | Europe & Africa: +44-753-713-2163 | Asia: +91-120-433-0800