The latest report by IMARC Group, titled “Printed Electronics Market: Global Industry Trends, Share, Size, Growth, Opportunity and Forecast 2021-2026,” finds that the global printed electronics market exhibited strong growth during 2015-2020. Electronics printing refers to the process of creating electronic devices by printing on different substrates. Printed electronics are related to organic and plastic electronics that use one or more inks made of a carbon-based compound. The technology is used to create various active or passive devices. They include cost-effective, lightweight, and flexible electrical components such as resistors, condensers, spools, and transistors. Nowadays, printed electronics find application in flexible displays, smart labels, active clothing, and animated posters in consumer electronics, healthcare, automotive, aerospace and defense, retail, and consumer goods.
We are regularly tracking the direct effect of COVID-19 on the market, along with the indirect influence of associated industries. These observations will be integrated into the report.
Global Printed Electronics Market Trends:
The market is primarily driven by the increasing demand for flexible electronics. Printed electronics are deployed on flexible substrates such as plastics or metals, which can be folded, rolled, twisted, or wrapped without impacting their functions. In recent years, the advancements in the Internet of Technology (IoT) are increasing the need for efficient and cost-effective electronic products, which, in turn, is propelling the market growth. Besides this, the growing popularity of wearable and mobile devices, coupled with the introduction of energy-efficient displays using organic light-emitting diodes (OLED) technology, is significantly providing a favorable market outlook. In the aerospace and defense industry, printed electronics are used for printed sensors and batteries that are utilized to monitor environments and remote assets of military establishments. They are also deployed in surveillance of inaccessible environments and navigational systems of aircraft. Furthermore, several innovations, such as the introduction of additive manufacturing and screen-printing technologies, are also fueling the demand for printed electronics across the globe. Looking forward, the market is expected to grow at a CAGR of around 16% during the forecast period (2021-2026).
- Based on the material, the market has been segmented into ink and substrate.
- On the basis of the technology, the market has been classified into inkjet, screen, gravure, and flexographic.
- The market has been categorized based on the device into display, photovoltaic, lighting, RFID, and others.
- Region-wise, the market has been divided into North America (the United States and Canada), Asia Pacific (China, Japan, India, South Korea, Australia, Indonesia, and others), Europe (Germany, France, the United Kingdom, Italy, Spain, Russia, and others), Latin America (Brazil, Mexico, and others), and Middle East and Africa.
- The competitive landscape of the market has been examined, with some of the key players being Agfa-Gevaert N.V., BASF SE, DuPont de Nemours Inc., E Ink Holdings Inc., Molex LLC (Koch Industries), Nissha Co. Ltd., NovaCentrix Corp, Optomec Inc., Palo Alto Research Center Incorporated (Xerox Corporation), Vorbeck Materials Corporation, and Ynvisible Interactive Inc.
IMARC Group is a leading market research company that offers management strategy and market research worldwide. We partner with clients in all sectors and regions to identify their highest-value opportunities, address their most critical challenges, and transform their businesses.
IMARC’s information products include major market, scientific, economic and technological developments for business leaders in pharmaceutical, industrial, and high technology organizations. Market forecasts and industry analysis for biotechnology, advanced materials, pharmaceuticals, food and beverage, travel and tourism, nanotechnology and novel processing methods are at the top of the company’s expertise.
30 N Gould St, Ste R
Sheridan, WY (Wyoming) 82801 USA
Tel No:(D) +91 120 433 0800
Americas:- +1 631 791 1145 | Africa and Europe :- +44-702-409-7331 | Asia: +91-120-433-0800, +91-120-433-0800