According to the latest report by IMARC Group, titled "Propylene Oxide Market: Global Industry Trends, Share, Size, Growth, Opportunity and Forecast 2021-2026," the global propylene oxide market exhibited moderate growth during 2015-2020. Propylene oxide is a colorless synthetic cyclic ether with the chemical formula C3H6O. It is a highly flammable and volatile liquid that is easily soluble in water as well as miscible with organic solvents. It is commonly obtained by the indirect oxidation of propylene or the dehydrochlorination of propylene chlorohydrin. It is synthetic in nature and is non-corrosive to metals. It is widely utilized as a chemical intermediate for producing polyethers and propylene glycol. Apart from this, it is also utilized as a fumigant for controlling insect infestations and bacterial contamination in soil and packaged food products. Consequently, it finds extensive application across the electronics, automotive, textile and chemicals sectors.
We are regularly tracking the direct effect of COVID-19 on the market, along with the indirect influence of associated industries. These observations will be integrated into the report.
Global Propylene Oxide Market Trends:
The global market is majorly driven by significant growth in the construction sector. Since propylene oxide is widely utilized in numerous building applications, such as adhesives, sealants, coatings, thermal insulators and flooring materials, this is providing an impetus to the market growth.Moreover, the increasing utilization of this ether in the manufacturing of numerous packaged food products is creating a positive outlook for the market. This is also supported by the changing lifestyle preferences of the masses and their inflating per capita income levels. Furthermore, the rising product utilization in numerous end use industries, such as textile, automotive and aerospace sectors, is contributing to the market growth. On account of the aforementioned factors, the market is anticipated to grow at a CAGR of around 5% during 2021-2026.
- On the basis of the production process, the market has been divided into chlorohydrin process (CHPO), styrene monomer process, hydrogen peroxide process, TBA co-product process and cumene-based process.
- Based on the application, the market has been classified into polyether polyols, propylene glycols, propylene glycol ethers (PGE), polyalkylene glycols, and others.
- On the basis of the end use industry, the market has been categorized into automotive, construction, chemicals and pharmaceuticals, packaging, textile and furnishing, and others.
- On the geographical front, the market has been segregated into North America (the United States and Canada), Europe (Germany, France, the United Kingdom, Italy, Spain, Russia and others), Asia Pacific (China, Japan, India, South Korea, Australia, Indonesia and others), Latin America (Brazil, Mexico and others), and Middle East and Africa.
- The competitive landscape of the market has been studied in the report with the detailed profiles of the key players. Some of these players include AGC Chemicals Americas Inc., Air Liquide S.A., BASF SE, Dow Inc., Eastman Chemical Company, Huntsman International LLC, Ineos Chemicals Company, LyondellBasell Industries Holdings B.V., Mitsui Chemicals, Repsol S.A., Royal Dutch Shell PLC, Saudi Arabia Basic Industries Corporation (Saudi Aramco), SK Chemicals Co. Ltd., Sumitomo Chemical Co. Ltd. and Tokuyama Corporation.
IMARC Group is a leading market research company that offers management strategy and market research worldwide. We partner with clients in all sectors and regions to identify their highest-value opportunities, address their most critical challenges, and transform their businesses.
IMARC’s information products include major market, scientific, economic and technological developments for business leaders in pharmaceutical, industrial, and high technology organizations. Market forecasts and industry analysis for biotechnology, advanced materials, pharmaceuticals, food and beverage, travel and tourism, nanotechnology and novel processing methods are at the top of the company’s expertise.
30 N Gould St, Ste R
Sheridan, WY 82801, USA
Americas: +1-631-791-1145 | Europe & Africa: +44-753-713-2163 | Asia: +91-120-433-0800