According to the latest report by IMARC Group, titled "Protein Detection & Quantification Market: Global Industry Trends, Share, Size, Growth, Opportunity and Forecast 2022-2027," the global protein detection & quantification market reached a value of US$ 2.25 Billion in 2021. Protein detection and quantification is a method that is generally adopted by scientific researchers to investigate various types of biological processes. It involves the quantification of the total protein concentration in a sample in order to determine the characteristics and content of the protein. Consequently, it is an essential method to understand post-translational modifications as it helps in deciphering the functions of peptide networks that is widely adopted in the field of medicine and cell biology. Some of the commonly used techniques for protein detection and quantification include western blot analysis, enzyme-linked immunosorbent assay (ELISA), bicinchoninic acid (BCA) and Bradford assays and nanoparticles and nanopore-based methods.
We are regularly tracking the direct effect of COVID-19 on the market, along with the indirect influence of associated industries. These observations will be integrated into the report.
Global Protein Detection & Quantification Market Trends:
The global market is primarily driven by the increasing prevalence of infectious diseases among the masses. This can be attributed to the rising need for the development of preventive and therapeutic strategies to understand the role of protein in the progression of these diseases. Due to the rapid outbreak of coronavirus disease (COVID-19), there has been a considerable increase in the adoption of protein detection and quantification methods across the globe. Moreover, the rising government funding for extensive research and development (R&D) activities in the field of proteomics is providing an impetus to the market growth. Along with this, continual advancements in protein technology and the widespread introduction of advanced test kits and systems for laboratory analyses are impacting the market favorably. Other factors, including continual developments in the pharmaceutical and genomics industries, the growing number of research laboratories and clinical trials, and the increasing investments to upgrade the existing healthcare infrastructure, are also positively influencing the market. On account of the aforementioned factors, the market is anticipated to reach a value of US$ 4.05 Billion by 2027, exhibiting a CAGR of 9.60% during 2022-2027.
- On the basis of product, the market has been segmented into kits and reagents/consumables, instruments and services.
- Based on the technology, the market has been segregated into colorimetric assays, immunological methods, chromatography, mass spectrometry, spectroscopy instruments and others.
- On the basis of the application, the market has been categorized into drug discovery and development, clinical diagnosis and others.
- Based on the end-user, the market has classified into academic research institutes, biotechnology and pharmaceutical companies, contract research organization and others.
- On the basis of the region, the market has been divided into North America (the United States and Canada), Asia Pacific (China, Japan, India, South Korea, Australia, Indonesia and others), Europe (Germany, France, the United Kingdom, Italy, Spain, Russia and others), Latin America (Brazil, Mexico and others) and the Middle East and Africa.
- The competitive landscape of the market has been studied in the report with the detailed profiles of the key players operating in the market. Some of the key players include Agilent Technologies Inc., Bio-Rad Laboratories Inc., Danaher Corporation, General Electric Company, Inanovate Inc., Merck KGaA, PerkinElmer Inc., RayBiotech Life Inc., Shimadzu Corporation and Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.
IMARC Group is a leading market research company that offers management strategy and market research worldwide. We partner with clients in all sectors and regions to identify their highest-value opportunities, address their most critical challenges, and transform their businesses.
IMARC’s information products include major market, scientific, economic and technological developments for business leaders in pharmaceutical, industrial, and high technology organizations. Market forecasts and industry analysis for biotechnology, advanced materials, pharmaceuticals, food and beverage, travel and tourism, nanotechnology and novel processing methods are at the top of the company’s expertise.
30 N Gould St, Ste R
Sheridan, WY (Wyoming) 82801 USA
Tel No:(D) +91 120 433 0800
Americas:- +1 631 791 1145 | Africa and Europe :- +44-702-409-7331 | Asia: +91-120-433-0800, +91-120-433-0800