According to the latest report by IMARC Group, titled "Global Protein Purification and Isolation Market: Global Industry Trends, Share, Size, Growth, Opportunity and Forecast 2021-2026," the global protein purification and isolation market exhibited moderate growth during 2015-2020. Protein purification and isolation refers to the technique that is generally adopted for isolating protein molecules from tissues or cells. Additionally, it is widely used to retain the functional protein particle in abundance with minimum contaminants. It includes multiple steps, such as cell lysis, protein biding to a matrix, washing and elution that assists in studying and analyzing the various properties of a protein cell. It is widely utilized by laboratory researchers for determining the structure, interaction and characterization of the same. As a result, purified proteins are extensively used in numerous experimental applications, such as in vitro biochemical assays that help laboratory experts to examine the biological molecules.
We are regularly tracking the direct effect of COVID-19 on the market, along with the indirect influence of associated industries. These observations will be integrated into the report.?
Global Protein Purification and Isolation Market Trends:
The global market is primarily driven by significant growth in the pharmaceutical industry. Along with this, the rising demand for protein-based drug molecules is creating a positive outlook for the market. Moreover, continual advancements in biotechnology are providing a boost to the market growth on the global level. For instance, the widespread adoption of advanced ligand tagging systems and magnetic and protein beads to perform purification and isolation of protein is acting as a major growth-inducing factor. The market is further driven by the widespread utilization of rapid purification kits that helps in reducing the purification and isolation time with greater efficacy. Furthermore, increasing investments by public and private firms to conduct extensive research and development (R&D) activities are positively influencing the market growth. Other factors, including the rising prevalence of chronic diseases among the masses and continual improvements in molecular engineering and medical sciences, are contributing to the market growth further. On account of the aforementioned factors,?the market is anticipated to grow at a CAGR of?8% during the forecast period (2021-2026).
- On the basis of the technology, the market has been segmented into ultrafiltration, precipitation, preparative chromatography, affinity chromatography, ion-exchange chromatography, reverse-phase chromatography, hydrophobic charge induction chromatography, size exclusion chromatography, electrophoresis, gel electrophoresis, isoelectric focusing electrophoresis, capillary electrophoresis, western blotting, dialysis and diafiltration and centrifugation.
- Based on the product, the market has been categorized into instruments, consumables, protein purification kits, protein purification reagents, prepacked columns, protein purification resins, magnetic beads and others.
- On the basis of the application, the market has been segregated into drug screening, protein-protein interaction studies, biomarker discovery, target identification, disease diagnostics and monitoring and protein therapeutics.
- Based on the end-user, the market has been classified into hospitals and diagnostic centers, academic research institutes, pharmaceutical and biotechnology companies and contract research organizations (CROS).
- On the basis of the region, the market has been divided into North America (the United States and Canada), Asia-Pacific (China, Japan, India, South Korea, Australia, Indonesia and others), Europe (Germany, France, the United Kingdom, Italy, Spain, Russia and others), Latin America (Brazil, Mexico and others) and the Middle East and Africa.
- The competitive landscape of the market has been studied in the report with the detailed profiles of the key players operating in the market. Some of these players include Abcam plc, Agilent Technologies Inc., Bio-Rad Laboratories Inc., General Electric Company, Merck KGaA, Norgen Biotek Corp., Promega Corporation, Purolite, Qiagen N.V. and Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.
IMARC Group is a leading market research company that offers management strategy and market research worldwide. We partner with clients in all sectors and regions to identify their highest-value opportunities, address their most critical challenges, and transform their businesses.
IMARC’s information products include major market, scientific, economic and technological developments for business leaders in pharmaceutical, industrial, and high technology organizations. Market forecasts and industry analysis for biotechnology, advanced materials, pharmaceuticals, food and beverage, travel and tourism, nanotechnology and novel processing methods are at the top of the company’s expertise.
Follow us on twitter: @imarcglobal