According to the latest report by IMARC Group, titled "Proteomics Market: Global Industry Trends, Share, Size, Growth, Opportunity and Forecast 2021-2026," the global proteomics market exhibited strong growth during 2015-2020. Proteomics refers to the study of protein structure and physiological function. It includes understanding the modifications and alterations that generally take place in existing proteins when they are subjected to varying conditions. It also studies and analyses which proteins are expressed and their structures in both active and inactive states to further understand their roles and how they interact with other proteins. This is done by the widespread integration of numerous advanced technologies with proteomics for quantifying and identifying proteins and diagnostic markers. Apart from this, it also deals with the evaluation of the rate of protein production as well as the interaction patterns of proteins. As a result, it finds extensive applications in drug discovery and the development of personalized medicines.
We are regularly tracking the direct effect of (COVID-19) on the market, along with the indirect influence of associated industries. These observations will be integrated into the report.
Global Proteomics Market Trends:
The global market is majorly driven by the increasing demand for personalized medicines. Along with this, continual developments in drug discovery and biotechnology is providing an impetus to the market growth. The deployment of proteomic systems assists in simplifying the process of drug discovery and forms an essential part of the chemical synthesis and biological testing of numerous drugs. The market is further driven by the technological advancements and extensive research and development (R&D) activities conducted by the players. This has led to the development of a quantitative and qualitative analysis of proteins that consequently assists in the identification of cancer therapies and treatments, thereby acting as a major growth-induing factor. Some of the other factors contributing to the market growth include continual developments in the existing healthcare infrastructure and numerous favorable government policies that promote research and drug discovery activities across the globe. On account of the aforementioned factors, the market is expected to grow at a CAGR of 14.40% during 2021-2026.
- On the basis of the breakup by analysis type, the market has been divided into structural proteomics, functional proteomics, and protein expression proteomics.
- Based on the component type, the market has been bifurcated into core proteomics and bioinformatics software and related services.
- On the basis of the technology, the market has been classified into spectroscopy, chromatography, electrophoresis, protein microarrays, x-ray crystallography, surface plasmon resonance, and others.
- Based on the application, the market has been segmented into protein expression profiling, proteome mining, and post-translational modifications.
- On the basis of the end user, the market has been categorized into clinical diagnostic laboratories, research organizations (drug discovery), and others.
- On the geographical front, the market has been segregated into North America (the United States and Canada), Europe (Germany, France, the United Kingdom, Italy, Spain, Russia and others), Asia Pacific (China, Japan, India, South Korea, Australia, Indonesia and others), Latin America (Brazil, Mexico and others), and Middle East and Africa.
- The competitive landscape of the market has been studied in the report with the detailed profiles of the key players. Some of these players include Agilent Technologies Inc., Bio-RAD Laboratories Inc., Bruker Corporation, Creative Proteomics, Danaher Corporation, GE Healthcare Inc., Horiba Ltd., Luminex Corporation, Merck Group, Perkinelmer Inc., Promega Corporation, Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc., and Waters Corporation.
IMARC Group is a leading market research company that offers management strategy and market research worldwide. We partner with clients in all sectors and regions to identify their highest-value opportunities, address their most critical challenges, and transform their businesses.
IMARC’s information products include major market, scientific, economic and technological developments for business leaders in pharmaceutical, industrial, and high technology organizations. Market forecasts and industry analysis for biotechnology, advanced materials, pharmaceuticals, food and beverage, travel and tourism, nanotechnology and novel processing methods are at the top of the company’s expertise.
Follow us on twitter: @imarcglobal