IMARC Group’s latest report, titled “PVC Stabilizers Market: Global Industry Trends, Share, Size, Growth, Opportunity and Forecast 2023-2028,” finds that the global PVC stabilizers market size reached US$ 4.1 Billion in 2022. Polyvinyl chloride (PVC) stabilizers are chemical additives used to alter the physical or chemical properties or strengthen the mechanical properties of PVC. They are either added directly into PVC or in combination to avoid the degradation of plastics, allow its processing, and enhance resistance to daylight, weathering, and heat aging, especially in outdoor applications. They also assist in preventing oxidation, chain scission, uncontrolled recombination, and cross-linking reactions caused by photooxidation. They are widely used in manufacturing pipes and fittings, rigid and semi-rigid films, wires, cables, and coatings, to improve their flexibility, durability, strength, heat sensitivity, and lubrication. As a result, PVC stabilizers find extensive applications in construction materials, medical devices, automotive parts, and packaging.
Global PVC Stabilizers Market Trends:
The escalating product demand from the building and construction sector due to increasing PVC applications in roofing, flooring, and window frames represents the primary factor driving the market growth. In addition, the rising adoption of PVC stabilizers in soil, sewer, foam core, pressure, corrugated, land drainage, and cable ducting pipes to enhance their resistance against chemical attacks is positively influencing the market growth. Moreover, the growing product usage in plastic manufacturing for extrusion and injection molding of rigid and plasticized PVC to obtain higher output rates and better efficiency without hampering the quality of the final product has augmented the demand for PVC stabilizers. Furthermore, tin-based stabilizers are gaining popularity in medical applications, including blow molding, extrusion, and calendaring. In line with this, the surging usage of tin stabilizers in food contact and potable water applications has accelerated product adoption rates. Besides this, ongoing product innovations, such as the launch of organic bio-based stabilizers for PVC pipe production as an alternative to traditionally used lead and calcium zinc stabilizers, have propelled the market growth. Other factors, including the rapid expansion of the packaging industry, rising vehicle production, increasing housing construction, and heavy investments in research and development (R&D) activities, are also creating a favorable market outlook. Looking forward, IMARC Group expects the market value to reach US$ 5.6 Billion by 2028, growing at a CAGR of 5% during 2023-2028.
- Based on the type, the market has been classified into calcium-based, lead-based, tin-based, barium-based, and others.
- On the basis of the form, the market has been segmented into powder, granules, pastilles, flakes, and liquid.
- The market has been divided based on the application into pipes and fittings, window profiles, rigid and semi-rigid films, wires and cables, coatings and flooring, and others.
- Based on the end use industry, the market has been categorized into building and construction, automotive, electrical and electronics, packaging, footwear, and others.
- Region-wise, the market has been segregated into North America (the United States and Canada), Asia-Pacific (China, Japan, India, South Korea, Australia, Indonesia, and others), Europe (Germany, France, the United Kingdom, Italy, Spain, Russia, and others), Latin America (Brazil, Mexico, and others), and the Middle East and Africa.
- The competitive landscape of the market has also been analyzed, with some of the key players being ADEKA Corporation, Akdeniz Chemson, Arkema S.A., Baerlocher GmbH, Clariant AG, KD Chem Co. Ltd., Reagens SPA, Shital Industries Pvt. Ltd., Songwon Industrial, Sun Ace Kakoh (Pte.) Ltd., Valtris Specialty Chemicals Limited, and Vikas Ecotech Ltd.
IMARC Group is a leading market research company that offers management strategy and market research worldwide. We partner with clients in all sectors and regions to identify their highest-value opportunities, address their most critical challenges, and transform their businesses.
IMARC’s information products include major market, scientific, economic and technological developments for business leaders in pharmaceutical, industrial, and high technology organizations. Market forecasts and industry analysis for biotechnology, advanced materials, pharmaceuticals, food and beverage, travel and tourism, nanotechnology and novel processing methods are at the top of the company’s expertise.
30 N Gould St, Ste R
Sheridan, WY (Wyoming) 82801 USA
Tel No:(D) +91 120 433 0800
Americas:- +1 631 791 1145 | Africa and Europe :- +44-702-409-7331 | Asia: +91-120-433-0800, +91-120-433-0800