IMARC Group’s latest report, titled “Pyrethroids Market: Global Industry Trends, Share, Size, Growth, Opportunity and Forecast 2022-2027,” finds that the global pyrethroids market size reached US$ 3.4 Billion in 2021. Pyrethroids refer to synthetic derivatives of natural pyrethrins extracted from the flowers of the Chrysanthemum plant. Some of the most commonly available pyrethroids include bifenthrin, cyfluthrin, lambda-cyhalothrin, gamma cyhalothrin, imiprothrin, permethrin, resmethrin, and tetramethrin. These chemical compounds have properties similar to pyrethrin; however, they are not sensitive to sunlight. They are less toxic to mammals or birds and have a relatively short shelf life with biodegradable properties. Since they are more active and effective at lower doses, they are administered in small quantities to kill bugs and flying insects. As a result, pyrethroids are widely used to kill insects, such as mosquitos, flies, ants, moths, and farm pests.
We are regularly tracking the direct effect of COVID-19 on the market, along with the indirect influence of associated industries. These observations will be integrated into the report.
Global Pyrethroids Market Trends:
The increasing applications of pyrethroids across various end use industries represent the primary factor driving the market growth. For instance, there has been widespread product adoption in the agriculture and allied sectors as they serve as a cost-effective alternative to the traditionally used insecticides. Additionally, with the expanding global population, growing food demand, and declining arable land, farmers are shifting toward novel farming practices to enhance yield and crop quality. In line with this, owing to their less toxicity to mammals and birds, the rising usage of pyrethroids to replace organophosphates, which are conventionally used on vegetables, has augmented the product demand. Furthermore, due to their excellent potency and extreme effectiveness, the increasing applications of pyrethroids in cloth treatment and mosquito control across residential and industrial sectors have accelerated the product adoption rate. Besides this, the rising focus of key players on improved production and more efficient distribution of pyrethroids to compete with the synthetic variants is positively influencing the market growth. Other factors, including the growing popularity of pyrethroids as household insecticides, escalating demand for hygiene products, advancements in production technologies, and ongoing research and development (R&D) activities, are also creating a favorable market outlook. Looking forward, IMARC Group expects the market value to reach US$ 4.5 Billion by 2027, expanding at a CAGR of 5.25% during 2022-2027.
- Based on the product type, the market has been classified into bifenthrin, deltamethrin, permethrin, cypermethrin, cyfluthrin, lambda-cyhalothrin, and others.
- On the basis of the crop type, the market has been segmented into cereals & grains, oilseeds & pulses, fruits & vegetables, and others.
- The market has been divided based on the pest type into Lepidoptera, sucking pests, Coleoptera, Diptera, mites, and others.
- Region-wise, the market has been segregated into Asia Pacific, Europe, North America, Middle East and Africa, and Latin America.
- The competitive landscape of the market has also been analyzed, with some of the key players being BASF SE, Bayer CropScience, Corteva Agriscience, Nufarm Ltd, SinoHarvest Corporation, Sumitomo Chemical Co., Ltd., Syngenta Crop Protection AG, United Phosphorus Ltd., Arysta Lifescience Corporation, Cheminova A/S, FMC Corporation, Monsanto Company, Shanghai Mingdou Chemical Co., Ltd., and Adama Agricultural Solutions Ltd.
IMARC Group is a leading market research company that offers management strategy and market research worldwide. We partner with clients in all sectors and regions to identify their highest-value opportunities, address their most critical challenges, and transform their businesses.
IMARC’s information products include major market, scientific, economic and technological developments for business leaders in pharmaceutical, industrial, and high technology organizations. Market forecasts and industry analysis for biotechnology, advanced materials, pharmaceuticals, food and beverage, travel and tourism, nanotechnology and novel processing methods are at the top of the company’s expertise.
30 N Gould St Ste R
Sheridan, WY 82801 USA - Wyoming
Tel No:(D) +91 120 433 0800
Americas: - +1 631 791 1145 | Africa and Europe: - +44-702-409-7331 | Asia: +91-120-433-0800