According to the latest report by IMARC Group, titled “Quantum Dots Market: Global Industry Trends, Share, Size, Growth, Opportunity and Forecast 2023-2028,” the global quantum dots market size reached US$ 6.5 Billion in 2022. Quantum dots (QDs), also known as fluorescent semiconductor nanocrystals, are tiny semiconductor particles that exhibit quantum mechanical properties, particularly relating to their optical and electronic characteristics. They convert absorbed light into emitted light easily and are more resistant to photobleaching and endure illumination for a longer time without losing their optical properties. They are designed to react to specific types of light, chemicals, and biological molecules, which make them highly sensitive detectors. They are extensively used in display technology, like quantum-dot light-emitting diode televisions (QLED TVs) to enhance color purity and energy efficiency. Besides this, they are utilized as fluorescent markers for molecular imaging and diagnostics.
Global Quantum Dots Market Trends:
The increasing utilization of QDs in biomedicine for imaging, diagnosis, and drug delivery represents one of the key factors catalyzing the demand for quantum dots across the globe. Additionally, the superior color quality and energy efficiency of QLEDs as compared to traditional display technologies are driving their adoption in televisions, smartphones, and other displays. Apart from this, the widespread utilization of QDs in enhancing the efficiency of solar cells by absorbing different wavelengths of light is offering a favorable market outlook. Furthermore, increasing investments in nanotechnology research and development (R&D) activities to improve manufacturing techniques and novel applications for quantum dots are contributing to market growth. Moreover, with the growing environmental concerns, the demand for energy-efficient technologies is rising, which is accelerating the adoption of QDs in different sectors. Looking forward, the market value is projected to reach US$ 25.4 Billion by 2028, expanding at a CAGR of 23.4% during 2023-2028.
- Based on the processing techniques, the market has been segmented into colloidal synthesis, fabrication (lithography, electron beam lithography, soft lithography, stencil lithography, nanolithography, and photopatternable arrays), bio-molecular self-assembly, viral assembly, electrochemical assembly, and others. Colloidal synthesis currently dominates the market.
- On the basis of the application, the market has been segregated into medical devices, displays, solar cells, photodetectors sensors, lasers, LED lights, batteries and energy storage systems, transistors, and others. Displays hold the largest market segment.
- Based on the material, the market has been bifurcated into cadmium-based QD (cadmium-selenide, cadmium sulfide and cadmium telluride), and cadmium-free QD (indium arsenide, silicon, graphene and lead sulfide). Cadmium-based QD represents the biggest market segment.
- Based on the end use industry, the market has been classified into healthcare, optoelectronics, LED lighting, solar modules, and others. Healthcare accounts for the largest market share.
- Region-wise, the market has been divided into North America (the United States and Canada); Asia Pacific (China, Japan, India, South Korea, Australia, Indonesia and others); Europe (Germany, France, the United Kingdom, Italy, Spain, Russia and others); Latin America (Brazil, Mexico, Argentina, Colombia, Chile, Peru and others); and Middle East and Africa (Turkey, Saudi Arabia, Iran, the United Arab Emirates, and others). Amongst these, North America exhibits a clear dominance in the market.
- The competitive landscape of the market has been examined, with some of the key players being Altairnano, LG Display Co. Ltd, Nanosys Inc., Nanoco Group plc., Ocean NanoTech LLC, ams-OSRAM International GmbH, QD Laser, Quantum Materials Corp, Samsung Display Co. Ltd. (Samsung Electronics Co. Ltd) and Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.
|Base Year of the Analysis
|Scope of the Report
||Exploration of Historical and Forecast Trends, Industry Catalysts and Challenges, Segment-Wise Historical and Predictive Market Assessment:
- Processing Techniques
- End-Use Industry
|Processing Techniques Covered
- Colloidal Synthesis
- Fabrication: (Lithography, Electron Beam Lithography, Soft Lithography, Stencil Lithography, Nanolithography, Photopatternable Arrays)
- Bio-Molecular Self-Assembly
- Viral Assembly
- Electrochemical Assembly
||Medical Devices, Displays, Solar Cells, Photodetectors Sensors, Lasers, LED Lights, Batteries & Energy, Storage Systems, Transistors, Others
- Cadmium Based QD: (Cadmium Selenide, Cadmium Sulfide, Cadmium Telluride)
- Cadmium Free QD: (Indium Arsenide, Silicon, Graphene, Lead Sulfide)
|End Use Industries Covered
||Healthcare, Optoelectronics, Led Lighting, Solar Modules, Others
|| Asia Pacific, Europe, North America, Latin America, Middle East and Africa
||United States, Canada, Germany, France, United Kingdom, Italy, Spain, Russia, China, Japan, India, South Korea, Australia, Indonesia, Brazil, Mexico, Argentina, Colombia, Chile, Peru, Saudi Arabia, Iran, Turkey, United Arab Emirates
||Altairnano, ams-OSRAM International GmbH, LG Display Co. Ltd, Nanoco Group plc., Nanosys Inc., Ocean NanoTech LLC, QD Laser, Quantum Materials Corp., Samsung Display Co. Ltd. (Samsung Electronics Co. Ltd) and Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.
||10% Free Customization
|Report Price and Purchase Option
||Single User License: US$ 2499
Five User License: US$ 3499
Corporate License: US$ 4499
|Post-Sale Analyst Support
||PDF and Excel through Email (We can also provide the editable version of the report in PPT/Word format on special request)
IMARC Group is a leading market research company that offers management strategy and market research worldwide. We partner with clients in all sectors and regions to identify their highest-value opportunities, address their most critical challenges, and transform their businesses.
IMARC’s information products include major market, scientific, economic and technological developments for business leaders in pharmaceutical, industrial, and high technology organizations. Market forecasts and industry analysis for biotechnology, advanced materials, pharmaceuticals, food and beverage, travel and tourism, nanotechnology and novel processing methods are at the top of the company’s expertise.
134 N 4th St.
Brooklyn, NY 11249, USA
Americas:- +1 631 791 1145 | Africa and Europe :- +44-702-409-7331 | Asia: +91-120-433-0800, +91-120-433-0800