The latest report by IMARC Group, titled “Radiology Information System Market: Global Industry Trends, Share, Size, Growth, Opportunity and Forecast 2023-2028,” finds that the global radiology information system market reached a value of US$
967.5 Million in 2022. A radiology information system (RIS) refers to an advanced database system used to manage patient data and image files generated in the course of diagnosis and treatment. It facilitates patient management by automating patient registration and scheduling processes, thereby eliminating the need for paper-based documentation. In addition, it assists in improving workflow management, departmental productivity, customer services, and overall cost-efficiency.
Global Radiology Information System Market Trends:
The market is primarily driven by the growing prevalence of chronic diseases, such as cardiovascular ailments, cancer, arthritis, and diabetes, due to the increasing consumption of fast food and the sedentary lifestyles of individuals. In addition, the rising utilization of RIS in intraoral plate scanners, cone-beam computed tomography imaging, and intraoral, and extraoral X-Ray systems represents another major growth-inducing factor. Besides this, the market is further propelled by the rising demand for interventional radiology techniques like magnetic resonance imaging (MRI), fluoroscopy, X-Rays, ultrasounds, and scanners. Moreover, hospitals and diagnostic centers are increasingly adopting information and technology (IT) solutions to enable real-time communication between patients and doctors, easy access to health-related information, and timely diagnosis of various diseases. This, coupled with the growing need for advanced, cost-effective, and reliable diagnostic services and solutions, is escalating the demand for RIS across the globe. Furthermore, various technological advancements, including the introduction of advanced cloud-based services, are anticipated to propel the market growth. Looking forward, IMARC Group expects the market value to reach US$
1,518 Million by 2028, expanding at a CAGR of
7.1% during the forecast period (2023-2028).
- On the basis of the type, the market has been bifurcated into integrated and standalone radiology information systems.
- Based on the component, the market has been segmented into hardware, software, and services.
- On the basis of the deployment, the market has been classified into web-based, on-premises, and cloud-based.
- The market has been categorized based on the end user into hospitals, office-based physicians, and emergency healthcare service providers.
- Region-wise, the market has been divided into North America (the United States and Canada), Asia Pacific (China, Japan, India, South Korea, Australia, Indonesia, and others), Europe (Germany, France, the United Kingdom, Italy, Spain, Russia, and others), Latin America (Brazil, Mexico, and others), and Middle East and Africa.
- The competitive landscape of the industry has also been examined, with some of the key players being Advanced Data Systems Corporation, Allscripts Healthcare Solutions Inc., Cerner Corporation, Covetus LLC, Epic Systems Corporation, General Electric Company, International Business Machines Corporation, Kareo Inc., Koninklijke Philips N.V., Medinformatix Inc, Novarad and Siemens AG.
IMARC Group is a leading market research company that offers management strategy and market research worldwide. We partner with clients in all sectors and regions to identify their highest-value opportunities, address their most critical challenges, and transform their businesses.
IMARC’s information products include major market, scientific, economic and technological developments for business leaders in pharmaceutical, industrial, and high technology organizations. Market forecasts and industry analysis for biotechnology, advanced materials, pharmaceuticals, food and beverage, travel and tourism, nanotechnology and novel processing methods are at the top of the company’s expertise.
30 N Gould St, Ste R
Sheridan, WY 82801, USA
Americas: +1-631-791-1145 | Europe & Africa: +44-753-713-2163 | Asia: +91-120-433-0800