As per the latest report by IMARC Group, titled "Rail Mounted Gantry Crane Market by Type (Cantilever, Non-Cantilever), Lift Capacity (0-40 Tons, 40.1 and Above), Technology (Manual, Autonomous), Application (Wharf, Railway, and Others), and Region 2023-2028," the global rail mounted gantry crane market size reached US$ 349.65 Million in 2022. A rail-mounted gantry (RMG) crane is commonly used in port terminals and container yards for handling and stacking shipping containers. They are typically made of a steel superstructure supported by a set of sturdy legs and wheels that run on the rails. The superstructure consists of a main girder with a hoisting mechanism and a trolley that can move vertically to lift and lower containers. The legs of the crane are equipped with wheels and are designed to support the weight of the crane while allowing it to move along the rails smoothly. The primary use of an RMG crane is for container handling operations in ports and terminals. These cranes are capable of lifting and moving heavy containers with utmost precision, making them essential in the efficient operation of container yards. They can stack containers in neat rows, enabling efficient use of available space and facilitating easy access to specific containers when needed. One of the key advantages of rail-mounted gantry cranes is their ability to handle heavy loads. The rail-mounted configuration allows for greater stability and increased lifting capacity compared to other types of cranes. Currently, there are several types of product variants available, including single and double girder designs.
Global Rail Mounted Gantry Crane Market Trends:
The global rail mounted gantry crane market is favored by several factors, including the increasing demand for efficient and reliable container handling solutions in ports and terminals. This is further supported by the expansion of global trade and the rise in container traffic across various regions. Moreover, the growing emphasis on automation and technological advancements in the crane industry, such as the integration of advanced control systems and IoT-based solutions, is driving the market. Additionally, the need for cost-effective and time-efficient cargo handling solutions, coupled with the surging awareness regarding the advantages offered by RMG cranes, including high lifting capacity and flexible operations, is fueling the market growth. Furthermore, burgeoning investments in port infrastructure development projects and the modernization of existing facilities are contributing to the market growth. Besides this, the rising demand for eco-friendly and energy-efficient equipment in the transportation and logistics sector and the increasing focus on safety regulations are accelerating the market growth. In line with this, the need to minimize accidents and injuries during cargo handling operations, the growing trend of intermodal transportation, and the escalating demand for seamless interconnectivity between different modes of transport are boosting the market growth. Looking forward, the market value is projected to reach US$ 442.3 Million by 2028, expanding at a CAGR of 3.80% during 2023-2028.
- By type, the market has been bifurcated into cantilever and non-cantilever. At present, cantilever leads the market.
- Based on the list capacity, the market has been segregated into 0-40 tons and 40.1 and above. Currently, 40.1 and above accounts for the largest market share.
- By technology, the market has been classified into manual and autonomous. At present, manual segment dominates the market.
- Based on the application, the market is divided into wharf, railway, and others. According to the report, railway accounted for the largest market share.
- On a regional basis, the market has been categorized into North America (the United States and Canada), Asia-Pacific (China, Japan, India, South Korea, Australia, Indonesia, and others), Europe (Germany, France, the United Kingdom, Italy, Spain, Russia, and others), Latin America (Brazil, Mexico, and others), and Middle East and Africa. At present, Europe is leading the market position.
- The competitive landscape of the industry has also been examined with some of the key players being Anupam Industries Limited, Ascom Spa, Doosan Heavy Industries Vietnam Co. Ltd., Hartmann & König Stromzuführungs AG, Konecranes Oyj, Liebherr, Mi-Jack Products Inc (The Lanco Group of Companies), Safex Industries Limited, Sany Heavy Industry Co. Ltd., Weihua group, Xinxiang Stonimage Technology Co. Ltd., etc.
|Base Year of the Analysis
|Lift Capacities Covered
||0-40 Tons, 40.1 and Above
||Wharf, Railway, Others
|| Asia Pacific, Europe, North America, Latin America, Middle East and Africa
||United States, Canada, Germany, France, United Kingdom, Italy, Spain, Russia, China, Japan, India, South Korea, Australia, Indonesia, Brazil, Mexico
||Anupam Industries Limited, Ascom Spa, Doosan Heavy Industries Vietnam Co. Ltd., Hartmann & König Stromzuführungs AG, Konecranes Oyj, Liebherr, Mi-Jack Products Inc (The Lanco Group of Companies), Safex Industries Limited, Sany Heavy Industry Co. Ltd., Weihua group, Xinxiang Stonimage Technology Co. Ltd., etc.
||10% Free Customization
|Report Price and Purchase Option
||Single User License: US$ 2499
Five User License: US$ 3499
Corporate License: US$ 4499
|Post-Sale Analyst Support
||PDF and Excel through Email (We can also provide the editable version of the report in PPT/Word format on special request)
IMARC Group is a leading market research company that offers management strategy and market research worldwide. We partner with clients in all sectors and regions to identify their highest-value opportunities, address their most critical challenges, and transform their businesses.
IMARC’s information products include major market, scientific, economic and technological developments for business leaders in pharmaceutical, industrial, and high technology organizations. Market forecasts and industry analysis for biotechnology, advanced materials, pharmaceuticals, food and beverage, travel and tourism, nanotechnology and novel processing methods are at the top of the company’s expertise.
134 N 4th St.
Brooklyn, NY 11249, USA
Americas:- +1 631 791 1145 | Africa and Europe :- +44-702-409-7331 | Asia: +91-120-433-0800, +91-120-433-0800