IMARC Group’s latest report, titled “Recycled Plastics Market: Global Industry Trends, Share, Size, Growth, Opportunity and Forecast 2021-2026,” finds that the global recycled plastics market size exhibited moderate growth during 2015-2020. Plastic recycling refers to the process of reusing and recovering plastic waste into functional and useful products. In this process, plastic materials undergo various steps, such as collecting, sorting, washing, shredding, classifying, and extruding, before being recycled. Nowadays, recycled plastics are increasingly being preferred by end users as they reduce the waste generated and disposed of at landfill sites while minimizing greenhouse gas emissions.
We are regularly tracking the direct effect of COVID-19 on the market, along with the indirect influence of associated industries. These observations will be integrated into the report.
Global Recycled Plastics Market Trends:
The global recycled plastics market is primarily driven by the growing awareness regarding the harmful and toxic effects of plastic waste on both the environment and human health. Due to rapid industrialization and growing population, plastic is extensively used in the construction, food packaging and automotive industries. Consequently, governments of several nations are implementing policies and regulations to control waste production and support plastic wastes recycle, which has encouraged end users to gradually shift toward recycled plastics. They are also facilitating systematic waste treatment by promoting sustainable plastic disposal solutions. Moreover, various organizations are shifting from virgin to recycled plastics to reduce their carbon footprints. Furthermore, technological innovations, such as the adoption of artificial intelligence (AI) for sorting plastic waste, are positively impacting the market growth. On account of these factors, the market is expected to reach a value of US$ 56.5 Billion by 2026.
- Based on the type, the market has been divided into high-density polyethylene (HDPE), polyethylene terephthalate (PET), polypropylene (PP), low-density polyethylene (LDPE) and others. Among these, polyethylene terephthalate (PET) is the most popular type of recycled plastic.
- On the basis of the raw material, the market has been classified into plastic bottles, fibers, plastic films, rigid plastic and foam, and others. Plastic bottles currently account for the majority of the total market share.
- The market has been segregated based on the application into construction, non-food contact packaging, automotive, food contact packaging and others. Currently, recycled plastics are mostly used for non-food contact packaging.
- Region-wise, North America represents the leading market. Other regions include Latin America, Europe, Asia Pacific, and Middle East and Africa.
- The competitive landscape of the market has been examined in the report, with some of the key players being Avangard Innovative, Veolia Environment SA, Suez Recycling & Recovery Holdings, KW Plastics, B. Schoenberg & Co. Inc., Delta Plastics, CarbonLITE Industries, and UltrPET LLC.
IMARC Group is a leading market research company that offers management strategy and market research worldwide. We partner with clients in all sectors and regions to identify their highest-value opportunities, address their most critical challenges, and transform their businesses.
IMARC’s information products include major market, scientific, economic and technological developments for business leaders in pharmaceutical, industrial, and high technology organizations. Market forecasts and industry analysis for biotechnology, advanced materials, pharmaceuticals, food and beverage, travel and tourism, nanotechnology and novel processing methods are at the top of the company’s expertise.
Follow us on twitter: @imarcglobal