According to the latest report by IMARC Group, titled “Redox Flow Battery Market: Global Industry Trends, Share, Size, Growth, Opportunity and Forecast 2022-2027,” the global redox flow battery market reached a value of US$ 173 Million in 2021. A redox flow battery (RFB) refers to a rechargeable battery that converts chemical energy into electric energy through reduced working fluids and reversible oxidation. The electrolytes flow through one or more electrochemical cells, wherein the interconversion of energy takes place. These cells are typically stacked in bipolar arrangements that contain the positive and negative electrodes. As compared to other types of batteries, RFB is more efficient, reliable, sustainable, cost-effective, and cleaner. These electrochemical storage devices also have a flexible system design that can store energy from intermittent electricity sources, such as solar and wind.
We are regularly tracking the direct effect of COVID-19 on the market, along with the indirect influence of associated industries. These observations will be integrated into the report.
Global Redox Flow Battery Market Trends:
The global redox flow battery market is primarily being driven by increasing investments in renewable energy, the rising need for efficient energy storage devices, and low maintenance costs associated with these batteries. Moreover, a rise in the energy consumption activities due to rapid urbanization, along with the increasing instances of frequent power supply interruptions, is facilitating the demand for power backup across the globe. This, in turn, is supporting the market growth. In line with this, extensive applications of RFB in the utility, off-grid, and mini-grid markets and the increasing commercialization of this technology are acting as other growth-inducing factors. Additionally, rapid advancements in technology and materials, such as the development of electrochemical capacitors and hybrid RFB, with unlimited operational lifespan and increased reliability and output, are catalyzing the market growth. Looking forward, the market is expected to grow at a CAGR of 20.2% during 2022-2027.
- Based on the type, the market has been divided into vanadium redox flow battery, and hybrid redox flow battery.
- On the basis of the product, the market has been bifurcated into compact and large scale.
- Based on the application, the market has been classified into utility services, renewable energy integration, UPS and others.
- On the geographical front, the market has been segregated into North America (the United States and Canada), Europe (Germany, France, the United Kingdom, Italy, Spain, Russia and others), Asia Pacific (China, Japan, India, South Korea, Australia, Indonesia and others), Latin America (Brazil, Mexico and others), and Middle East and Africa.
- The competitive landscape of the market has also been examined, with some of the key players being CellCube Energy Storage Systems Inc, H2 Inc, HydraRedox, Invinity Energy Systems, Largo Resources Ltd., LE SYSTEM CO. Ltd., Lockheed Martin Corporation, StorEn Technologies Inc, Storion Energy and Sumitomo Electric Industries Ltd.
IMARC Group is a leading market research company that offers management strategy and market research worldwide. We partner with clients in all sectors and regions to identify their highest-value opportunities, address their most critical challenges, and transform their businesses.
IMARC’s information products include major market, scientific, economic and technological developments for business leaders in pharmaceutical, industrial, and high technology organizations. Market forecasts and industry analysis for biotechnology, advanced materials, pharmaceuticals, food and beverage, travel and tourism, nanotechnology and novel processing methods are at the top of the company’s expertise.
Tel no: +1-631-791-1145
Follow us on twitter: @imarcglobal