The latest report by IMARC Group, titled “Renal Biomarkers Market: Global Industry Trends, Share, Size, Growth, Opportunity, and Forecast 2023-2028,” finds that the global renal biomarkers market reached a value of US$ 1.2 Billion in 2022. Renal biomarkers refer to cells, proteins, lipids, microRNAs, genes, metabolites, or proteomic patterns that determine the glomerular filtration rate (GFR) of the kidney. They are used to identify the patients at risk of developing kidney diseases by measuring their blood or urine levels. They also assist in computing drug dosage and evaluating pathogenic processes or pharmacological responses to therapeutic interventions. Owing to these benefits, renal biomarkers find extensive applications across laboratories and hospitals across the globe.
Global Renal Biomarkers Market Trends:
The market is primarily driven by the growing prevalence of chronic kidney diseases (CKD) among individuals across the globe. In addition, the increasing utilization of novel single biomarkers and process-specific biomarker panels to evaluate response to the treatment of glomerulopathies, acute kidney injury (AKI), and autosomal dominant polycystic kidney disease (ADPKD) is positively influencing the market growth. Besides this, renal biomarkers are widely utilized in laboratories to assess the safety and efficiency of new drugs in preclinical and clinical trials. This, coupled with the development of genomics, epigenetics, transcriptomics, proteomics, and metabolomics, is creating a positive market outlook across the globe. Furthermore, the increasing government investments in developing healthcare infrastructure, the rising geriatric population, and extensive research and development (R&D) activities and trials for CKD are some of the other factors propelling the market growth. Looking forward, IMARC Group expects the market value to reach US$ 2.0 Billion by 2028, exhibiting a CAGR of 7.8% during the forecast period (2023-2028).
- Based on the biomarker type, the market has been segregated into functional biomarkers (serum creatinine, serum cystatin C, and urine albumin), up-regulated protein (neutrophil gelatinase-associated lipocalin (NGAL), kidney injury molecule-1, and INTERLEUKIN-18), and others.
- On the basis of the diagnostic technique, the market has been categorized into enzyme-linked immunosorbent assay (ELISA), particle-enhanced turbidimetric immunoassay (PETIA), colorimetric assay, chemiluminescent enzyme immunoassay (CLIA), and liquid chromatography-mass spectrometry (LC-MS).
- Based on the end user, the market has been classified into hospitals, diagnostic laboratories, and others.
- Region-wise, the market has been divided into North America (the United States and Canada), Europe (Germany, France, the United Kingdom, Italy, Spain, Russia, and others), Asia Pacific (China, Japan, India, South Korea, Australia, Indonesia, and others), Latin America (Brazil, Mexico, and others), and Middle East and Africa.
- The competitive landscape of the market has been examined in the report, with some of the key players being Abbott Laboratories, Beckman Coulter Inc. (Danaher Corporation), bioMérieux SA, BioPorto A/S, Bio-Rad Laboratories Inc., Enzo Biochem Inc., F. Hoffmann-La Roche AG, PerkinElmer Inc., Randox Laboratories Ltd., Siemens AG, and Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.
|Base Year of the Analysis
||Biomarker Type, Diagnostic Technique, End User, Region
|| Asia Pacific, Europe, North America, Latin America, Middle East and Africa
||United States, Canada, Germany, France, United Kingdom, Italy, Spain, Russia, China, Japan, India, South Korea, Australia, Indonesia, Brazil, Mexico
||Abbott Laboratories, Beckman Coulter Inc. (Danaher Corporation), bioMérieux SA, BioPorto A/S, Bio-Rad Laboratories Inc., Enzo Biochem Inc., F. Hoffmann-La Roche AG, PerkinElmer Inc., Randox Laboratories Ltd., Siemens AG and Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.
||10% Free Customization
|Report Price and Purchase Option
||Single User License: US$ 2499
Five User License: US$ 3499
Corporate License: US$ 4499
|Post-Sale Analyst Support
||PDF and Excel through Email (We can also provide the editable version of the report in PPT/Word format on special request)
IMARC Group is a leading market research company that offers management strategy and market research worldwide. We partner with clients in all sectors and regions to identify their highest-value opportunities, address their most critical challenges, and transform their businesses.
IMARC’s information products include major market, scientific, economic and technological developments for business leaders in pharmaceutical, industrial, and high technology organizations. Market forecasts and industry analysis for biotechnology, advanced materials, pharmaceuticals, food and beverage, travel and tourism, nanotechnology and novel processing methods are at the top of the company’s expertise.
30 N Gould St, Ste R
Sheridan, WY 82801, USA
Americas: +1-631-791-1145 | Europe & Africa: +44-753-713-2163 | Asia: +91-120-433-0800