According to the latest report by IMARC Group, titled “Respiratory Protective Equipment Market: Global Industry Trends, Share, Size, Growth, Opportunity and Forecast 2020-2025,” the global respiratory protective equipment market size reached US$ 9.4 Billion in 2019. Respiratory protective equipment (RPE) is used to protect the wearer from inhaling hazardous substances. It either covers the nose and mouth or the entire face to filter out contaminants. It comprises visors, hoods, helmets, filtering devices, supplied-air respirators, escape/airline respirators, half/full mask respirators and breathing apparatus. It is commonly utilized in the mining, chemical, oil and gas, healthcare, construction and petrochemical industries around the world.
We are regularly tracking the direct effect of COVID-19 on the market, along with the indirect influence of associated industries. These observations will be integrated into the report.
Global Respiratory Protective Equipment Market Trends:
With the sudden outbreak of the coronavirus disease (COVID-19), there is a significant rise in the demand for personal protective equipment (PPE), such as masks, gloves, respirators and protective clothing. This, in confluence with the distribution of PPE in the healthcare, manufacturing and aerospace sectors, is strengthening the market growth. However, as governing agencies have enforced complete lockdowns and are promoting social distancing measures to prevent the spread of the disease, there is a disruption in logistics and the unavailability of workers. Despite this, market players are working at an optimum level to minimize the demand-supply gap. Furthermore, the rising instances of infectious diseases, such as Severe Acute Respiratory Syndrome (SARS), Ebola Virus Disease (EVD), and Middle East Respiratory Syndrome (MERS), is expected to drive the market in the upcoming years. Looking forward, the market value is projected to reach US$ 16.3 Billion by 2025, expanding at a CAGR of 9.50% during the forecast period (2020-2025).
- Based on the product type, the market has been bifurcated into air purifier respirators (unpowered, powered and escape) and supplies air respirators (airline, self-contained breathing apparatus and loose-fitting hoods).
- On the basis of the filter type, the market has been segmented into the particle, gas/vapor and combined filters.
- The market has been analyzed on the basis of the end use industry into healthcare, oil and gas, chemical, construction, law enforcement, and others.
- Region-wise, the market has been segmented into North America (the United States and Canada); Asia Pacific (China, Japan, India, South Korea, Australia, Indonesia and others); Europe (the United Kingdom, Germany, France, Italy, Spain, Russia and others); Latin America (Brazil, Mexico and others); and Middle East and Africa.
- The competitive landscape of the market has been examined, with some of the key players being 3M Company, Alpha Pro Tech Limited, Bullard, Delta Plus Group, Honeywell International Inc., ILC Dover, LP, Intech Safety Pvt. Ltd., MSA Safety Incorporated, RSG Safety BV and Uvex Arbeitsschutz GmbH.
IMARC Group is a leading market research company that offers management strategy and market research worldwide. We partner with clients in all sectors and regions to identify their highest-value opportunities, address their most critical challenges, and transform their businesses.
IMARC’s information products include major market, scientific, economic and technological developments for business leaders in pharmaceutical, industrial, and high technology organizations. Market forecasts and industry analysis for biotechnology, advanced materials, pharmaceuticals, food and beverage, travel and tourism, nanotechnology and novel processing methods are at the top of the company’s expertise.
30 N Gould St, Ste R
Sheridan, WY (Wyoming) 82801 USA
Tel No:(D) +91 120 433 0800
Americas:- +1 631 791 1145 | Africa and Europe :- +44-702-409-7331 | Asia: +91-120-433-0800, +91-120-433-0800