According to the latest report by IMARC Group, titled “Reusable Face Mask Market: Global Industry Trends, Share, Size, Growth, Opportunity and Forecast 2022-2027,” the global reusable face mask market reached a value of US$ 2.1 Billion in 2021. Reusable face masks refer to face covers made from common textiles, such as cotton, worn over the nose and mouth. These masks can be produced at home or professionally in manufacturing plants. They are washable, delay the virus transmissions and improve the overall hygiene of an individual. Reusable face masks force air through a filter while eliminating water droplets that carry viral particles. In comparison to their disposable medical counterparts, reusable masks are cost-effective and eco-friendly in nature as they are not made from single-use plastic. They are extensively used in the food processing, pharmaceuticals, healthcare and retail sectors.
We are regularly tracking the direct effect of COVID-19 on the market, along with the indirect influence of associated industries. These observations will be integrated into the report.
Global Reusable Face Mask Market Trends:
The rapid spread of the coronavirus disease (COVID-19) has encouraged people to wear a mask and maintain a safe distance while communicating with others. This factor is primarily driving the globe reusable face mask market toward growth. Besides this, increasing concerns over depleting ocean and marine lives and responsible disposal of sing-use plastics have prompted consumers to shift toward reusable masks. This is further supported by bans imposed by governments of various nations on the usage of surgical masks for the general public, such as N95, to reserve them for the healthcare personnel. Moreover, the leading players are investing in developing better materials to manufacture reusable masks to enhance their protective and cost-effective properties. For instance, Smart Air Filters conducted tests in 2020, wherein it utilized different household particle sizes and materials for discovering the optimum fabric for producing face masks, including canvas, cotton bedsheets, natural fibers, and cotton t-shirts. Such endeavors are further creating a positive outlook for the market. Looking forward, the market value is projected to grow at a CAGR of 24.2% during 2022-2027.
- On the basis of the material, the market has been divided into cotton, nylon and others.
- Based on the application, the market has been bifurcated into commercial and personal.
- Based on the distribution channel, the market has been segmented as offline and online.
- On a regional-basis, the market has been segregated into North America (the United States and Canada), Asia Pacific (China, Japan, India, South Korea, Australia, Indonesia, and others), Europe (Germany, France, the United Kingdom, Italy, Spain, Russia, and others), Latin America (Brazil, Mexico, and others), and Middle East and Africa.
- The competitive landscape of the market has also been examined, with some of the key players being AirPop, ARAX Co. Ltd., Cambridge Mask Company (Cambridge Environmental Solutions Ltd.), Debrief Me, Kimberly Clark, Moldex-Metric Inc., Respro Inc., Totobobo (Dream Lab One Pte. Ltd.) and Vogmask (Ohlone Press LLC).
IMARC Group is a leading market research company that offers management strategy and market research worldwide. We partner with clients in all sectors and regions to identify their highest-value opportunities, address their most critical challenges, and transform their businesses.
IMARC’s information products include major market, scientific, economic and technological developments for business leaders in pharmaceutical, industrial, and high technology organizations. Market forecasts and industry analysis for biotechnology, advanced materials, pharmaceuticals, food and beverage, travel and tourism, nanotechnology and novel processing methods are at the top of the company’s expertise.
Follow us on twitter: @imarcglobal