As per the latest report by IMARC Group, titled "Rice Seed Market: Global Industry Trends, Share, Size, Growth, Opportunity and Forecast 2023-2028," the global rice seed market size reached US$ 6.8 Billion in 2022. Rice seeds are a type of cereal grain consisting of an outer hull and a single rice kernel. They are commercially available in various sizes and varieties, including arborio, basmati, brown, white, and jasmine rice. They are an excellent source of antioxidants, vitamins, and minerals and are also gluten-free and low- fat. They can be naturally produced through open pollination or artificially manufactured using hybrid technologies. The open-pollinated variety (OPV) is produced through natural pollination, while hybrid seeds involve fertilizing purebred sterile rice seeds with pollen from a different rice variety. Rice seeds are also available in non-transgenic and transgenic variants, which are genetically modified to enhance the functional properties of the crop. Regular consumption of the product helps improve heart health, aid in digestion, support weight loss, and provide energy, which is why it is witnessing a considerable surge in demand across the globe.
Global Rice Seed Market Trends:
The global rice seed market is set to experience significant growth due to the burgeoning product consumption as a staple food crop across the globe. This is further supported by the rising popularity of organic rice-based farming practices and the surging demand for OPV seeds. Moreover, the growing food demand due to rising population and the rapid adoption of hybrid rice seeds for high productivity are driving the market growth. Additionally, inflating prices of high-quality seeds, the easy availability of contract services, agricultural credits, fertilizers, machinery, and pesticides, and the surging need for improved quality of rice crops due to the increasing health-consciousness and awareness among consumers are acting as other major growth-inducing factor. Besides this, the rapidly expanding agriculture industry, significant advancements in seed technology, increasing global demand for rice, and escalating investments by governments of various nations in crop development programs to promote hybrid seed cultivation are providing an impetus to the market growth. Looking forward, the market value is projected to reach US$ 9.5 Billion by 2028, expanding at a CAGR of 4.8% during 2023-2028.
- Based on the type, the market has been bifurcated into open pollinated and hybrid (transgenic and non-transgenic).
- On the basis of the grain size, the market has been divided into long, medium, and short.
- By hybridization technique, the market is categorized into two- and three-line systems.
- Based on the treatment, the market is bifurcated into treated and untreated.
- On the basis of region, the market has been segmented into North America (the United States and Canada), Asia-Pacific (China, Japan, India, South Korea, Australia, Indonesia, and others), Europe (Germany, France, the United Kingdom, Italy, Spain, Russia, and others), Latin America (Brazil, Mexico, and others), and Middle East and Africa.
- The competitive landscape of the market has also been examined, with some of the key players being BASF SE, Bayer AG, Corteva Inc., Limagrain, Mahyco Private Limited, Nuziveedu Seeds Limited (NSL Group of Companies Pvt Ltd.), Rallis India Limited (Tata Chemicals Limited), Rasi Seeds (P) Ltd., Savannah Seeds Private Limited (RiceTec AG), SL Agritech Corporation, Syngenta Group (China National Chemical Corporation) and UPL Limited.
|Base Year of the Analysis
||Type, Grain Size, Hybridization Technique, Treatment, Region
|| Asia Pacific, Europe, North America, Latin America, Middle East and Africa
||United States, Canada, Germany, France, United Kingdom, Italy, Spain, Russia, China, Japan, India, South Korea, Australia, Indonesia, Brazil, Mexico
||BASF SE, Bayer AG, Corteva Inc., Limagrain, Mahyco Private Limited, Nuziveedu Seeds Limited (NSL Group of Companies Pvt Ltd.), Rallis India Limited (Tata Chemicals Limited), Rasi Seeds (P) Ltd., Savannah Seeds Private Limited (RiceTec AG), SL Agritech Corporation, Syngenta Group (China National Chemical Corporation) and UPL Limited
||10% Free Customization
|Report Price and Purchase Option
||Single User License: US$ 2499
Five User License: US$ 3499
Corporate License: US$ 4499
|Post-Sale Analyst Support
||PDF and Excel through Email (We can also provide the editable version of the report in PPT/Word format on special request)
IMARC Group is a leading market research company that offers management strategy and market research worldwide. We partner with clients in all sectors and regions to identify their highest-value opportunities, address their most critical challenges, and transform their businesses.
IMARC’s information products include major market, scientific, economic and technological developments for business leaders in pharmaceutical, industrial, and high technology organizations. Market forecasts and industry analysis for biotechnology, advanced materials, pharmaceuticals, food and beverage, travel and tourism, nanotechnology and novel processing methods are at the top of the company’s expertise.
134 N 4th St.
Brooklyn, NY 11249, USA
Americas:- +1 631 791 1145 | Africa and Europe :- +44-702-409-7331 | Asia: +91-120-433-0800, +91-120-433-0800