According to the latest report by IMARC Group, titled "Running Gear Market: Global Industry Trends, Share, Size, Growth, Opportunity and Forecast 2022-2027," the global running gear market reached a value of US$ 36.8 Billion in 2021. Running gear is generally worn by individuals while performing sports-related activities. It includes various athletic accessories, including warmers, running shoes, jackets, tights, and track pants. These gears are usually manufactured from water-resistant materials that help in preventing moisture and wind penetration into the body. Additionally, they are durable products that act as a protective layer for the skin while offering enhanced comfort and an improved range of motion. Along with this, it also comprises fitness trackers and smart wearable devices, such as smartwatches and heart rate monitors,that aid in tracking fitness progress and real-time heart rate.
We are regularly tracking the direct effect of COVID-19 on the market, along with the indirect influence of associated industries. These observations will be integrated into the report.
Global Running Gear Market Trends:
The global market is primarily driven by the rising health consciousness among the masses. Moreover, the increasing awareness regarding the health benefits of cardio exercises is also providing a boost to the sales of running gear. Apart from this, the growing prevalence of acute illnesses, including diabetes and heart diseases, due to the increasing incidences of obesity among individuals is creating a positive outlook for the market. Furthermore, various technological advancements in wearable devices, along with the inflating disposable income levels of the masses, are positively influencing the market growth. Additionally, leading players are heavily investing in developing robust marketing strategies, promotional campaigns and celebrity endorsements, which is providing an impetus to the market growth. The market is further driven by continuous improvements in the e-commerce sector. Other factors, including continuous product innovations, diversified product offerings and extensive research and development (R&D) activities conducted by key players, are further projected to drive the market growth. On account of the aforementioned factors, the market is anticipated to reach a value of US$ 55.8 Billion in 2027, growing at a CAGR of 6.67% during the forecast year (2022-2027).
- On the basis of the product, the market has been segmented into running footwear, running apparel, running accessories and fitness trackers.
- Based on gender, the market has been categorized into male, female and unisex.
- On the basis of the distribution channel, the market has been segregated into specialty and sports shop, supermarkets and hypermarkets, department and discount stores, online and others.
- Based on the region, market has been divided into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, the Middle East and Africa and Latin America.
- The competitive landscape of the market has been studied in the report with the detailed profiles of the key players. Some of these players include Adidas AG, ASICS, New Balance, Nike, Skechers USA, Inc., Amer Sports, British Knights, Columbia Sportswear Company, Fitbit, Garmin, Kering (Puma), Newton Running, The Rockport Group, Under Armour, VF Corporation and Wolverine World Wide.
IMARC Group is a leading market research company that offers management strategy and market research worldwide. We partner with clients in all sectors and regions to identify their highest-value opportunities, address their most critical challenges, and transform their businesses.
IMARC’s information products include major market, scientific, economic and technological developments for business leaders in pharmaceutical, industrial, and high technology organizations. Market forecasts and industry analysis for biotechnology, advanced materials, pharmaceuticals, food and beverage, travel and tourism, nanotechnology and novel processing methods are at the top of the company’s expertise.
Follow us on twitter : @imarcglobal