IMARC Group’s latest report, titled “Sardine Market: Global Industry Trends, Share, Size, Growth, Opportunity and Forecast 2022-2027”, the global sardine market size reached 3.5 Million Tons in 2021. Sardine belongs to the Clupeidae family and is also referred to as herring fish or pilchard. It is a small, elongated fish with silver skin and is mostly found in the Mediterranean Sea and the Pacific and Atlantic oceans. Sardines generally feed on planktons, due to which they have lower mercury levels compared to other fish. They are a rich source of vitamins B2 and B12, omega-3 fatty acids, niacin, phosphorus, potassium, calcium, iron, and selenium. As a result, they are widely consumed around the world, as well as used in animal feed. They are also commercially farmed for oil, which is further utilized for manufacturing paints and varnish.
We are regularly tracking the direct effect of COVID-19 on the market, along with the indirect influence of associated industries. These observations will be integrated into the report.
Global Sardine Market Trends:
The regular consumption of sardines is known to improve heart function, regulate cholesterol levels, boost the immune system, maintain the body's salt level and aid in weight loss. The growing awareness regarding these health benefits has led to a rise in the sales of sardines worldwide. Another factor that has impelled the demand for sardines is their availability at affordable prices than other fish varieties with the same nutritional content. Besides this, the long shelf life of sardines, coupled with the escalating preference for ready-to-eat seafood products, is anticipated to drive the growth of the sardine market. Moreover, the adoption of sustainable fish farming techniques by manufacturers is likely to create a positive outlook for the market in the near future. Looking forward, the market is expected to grow at a CAGR of 1.4% during 2022-2027.
- Based on the species, the market has been segmented into Sardina pilchardus, Sarnidrops caeruleus, Sardinella longiceps, Sardinella gibbosa, Sardinella aurita and others.
- The market has been categorized on the basis of the type into canned, frozen and fresh sardine. Amongst these, canned sardine holds the majority of the market share, representing the leading product type.
- Based on the distribution channel, the majority of sardine is distributed through supermarkets and hypermarkets. Other major distribution channels include convenience stores, hotels and restaurants, online and others.
- On the basis of the production and consumption, Asia Pacific represents the leading producer and consumer of sardines. Other major markets include Middle East and Africa, the Americas and Europe.
- The competitive landscape of the market has been examined with the detailed profiles of the key players operating in the industry.
IMARC Group is a leading market research company that offers management strategy and market research worldwide. We partner with clients in all sectors and regions to identify their highest-value opportunities, address their most critical challenges, and transform their businesses.
IMARC’s information products include major market, scientific, economic and technological developments for business leaders in pharmaceutical, industrial, and high technology organizations. Market forecasts and industry analysis for biotechnology, advanced materials, pharmaceuticals, food and beverage, travel and tourism, nanotechnology and novel processing methods are at the top of the company’s expertise.
Phone No: (D) +91 120 433 0800 | https://www.imarcgroup.com
Americas :- +1 631 791 1145 | Africa and Europe :- +44-702-409-7331