As per the latest report by IMARC Group, titled “Secure Web Gateway Market: Global Industry Trends, Share, Size, Growth, Opportunity and Forecast 2021-2026,” the global secure web gateway market size reached US$ 4.60 Billion in 2020. A secure web gateway (SWG) refers to network protection that provides on-site and cloud-based solutions against cyber threats. It consists of various components such as security technologies, antivirus, URL filtering, HTTP inspection, data loss prevention, and application control. In recent years, SWG is gaining traction as it safeguards various organizations from malicious web traffic, virus, or malware. It also monitors suspicious applications and websites through web-based requests and prevents unauthorized traffic from breaching the network. As a result, SWG is utilized to protect remote workers and combat any threat to data and information security.
We are regularly tracking the direct effect of COVID-19 on the market, along with the indirect influence of associated industries. These observations will be integrated into the report.
Global Secure Web Gateway Market Trends:
The global secure web gateway market is primarily driven by the growing internet penetration and the increasing number of cyber-attacks that have necessitated an end-to-end holistic security solution. The rising demand for protection and security for end-user data from web-based threats across organizations has also resulted in the escalating demand for SWG solutions. With the growing work from home culture, various enterprises are also employing these gateways to prevent data leaks and filters and detect malicious codes. Moreover, extensive research and development (R&D) activities have enabled several organizations to develop 7-layered traffic inspection that allows users to frame a set of rules to control which programs can or cannot access LAN (Local Area Network) and the internet, unlike traditional firewall. On account of these factors, the market value is expected to reach US$ 12.8 Billion by 2026, exhibiting a CAGR of 19.85% during the forecast period (2021-2026).
- Based on the component, the market has been divided into solutions (threat protection, access control, data protection, and others) and services (training and education, consulting services, professional services and others).
- On the basis of the deployment type, the market has been classified into cloud-based and on-premises.
- Based on the organization size, the market has been bifurcated into small and medium-sized enterprises (SMEs) and large enterprises.
- The market has been categorized based on the vertical into banking, financial services and insurance (BFSI), government and defense, healthcare, IT and telecom, education, and others.
- On the geographical front, major regions include North America (the United States and Canada), Asia Pacific (China, Japan, India, South Korea, Australia, Indonesia, and others), Europe (Germany, France, the United Kingdom, Italy, Spain, Russia, and others), Latin America (Brazil, Mexico, and others), and Middle East and Africa.
- The competitive landscape of the market has been examined, with some of the key players being A10 Networks Inc., Check Point Software Technologies, Cisco Systems Inc., Citrix Systems Inc., Dell Inc. (Dell Technologies Inc.), F5 Inc., McAfee LLC, IBM, Microsoft Corporation, NortonLifeLock Inc., Trend Micro Inc. and Zscaler Inc.
IMARC Group is a leading market research company that offers management strategy and market research worldwide. We partner with clients in all sectors and regions to identify their highest-value opportunities, address their most critical challenges, and transform their businesses.
IMARC’s information products include major market, scientific, economic and technological developments for business leaders in pharmaceutical, industrial, and high technology organizations. Market forecasts and industry analysis for biotechnology, advanced materials, pharmaceuticals, food and beverage, travel and tourism, nanotechnology and novel processing methods are at the top of the company’s expertise.
Follow us on twitter: @imarcglobal