The latest report by IMARC Group, titled “Self-Care Medical Devices Market: Global Industry Trends, Share, Size, Growth, Opportunity and Forecast 2022-2027”, finds that the global self-care medical devices market reached a value of US$ 21.0 Billion in 2021. Self-care medical devices refer to instruments that are used by patients to monitor physiological changes without the involvement of medical professionals. These devices aid in tracking or observing parameters such as blood pressure, glucose levels, body temperature, and peak expiratory flow rate. They also provide indications about the current status of chronic illnesses which are necessary for optimizing the patient’s treatment. Nowadays, several self-care devices, such as wearable and smart trackers, are gaining popularity across the globe as they offer a convenient means of monitoring patient health and enable the timely diagnosis of an ailment.
We are regularly tracking the direct effect of COVID-19 on the market, along with the indirect influence of associated industries. These observations will be integrated into the report.
Global Self-Care Medical Devices Market Trends:
With a rise in the number of people suffering from lifestyle diseases, as well as the continuous advancements in technology, patients are shifting toward more sophisticated devices to self-monitor their physical well-being. In addition to this, several medical associations are conducting programs to create awareness among patients about the benefits of self-care medical devices. These cost-effective tools help to reduce the patient burden in terms of hospital visits for minor medical conditions, which in turn has increased their sales. Consequently, manufacturers are investing substantially in research and development (R&D) to introduce devices that can gauge physiological changes more accurately. Also, several leading players are offering portable and easy-to-use devices by incorporating precise sensors that enable patients to keep a regular check on their health irregularities. Looking forward, the market value is projected to reach US$ 32.2 Billion by 2027, registering a CAGR of 7.27% during 2022-2027.
- Based on the device type, self-monitoring of blood glucose (SMBG) represents the leading segment, accounting for the majority of the market share. Other major types of self-care medical devices are peritoneal dialysis (PD), sleep apnea devices, insulin pumps, body temperature monitors, inhalers, pedometers, blood pressure monitors, nebulizers, male external catheters, Holter monitors and others.
- On the basis of the end-user, the market has been segregated into geriatric, pediatrics, adults, pregnant women and others.
- The market has been categorized based on the distribution channel into pharmacies, online stores, supermarkets and hypermarkets and others.
- Region-wise, North America enjoys the dominant position in the market. Other major regions include Asia Pacific, Europe, Middle East and Africa, and Latin America.
- The competitive landscape of the market has also been examined with some of the key players being Johnson & Johnson, Medtronic PLC, Abbott Laboratories, Bayer HealthCare LLC, Koninklijke Philips N.V., General Electric Company, F. Hoffmann-La Roche AG, ResMed, Inc., Omron Healthcare, Martifarm Ltd., OraSure Technologies, Baxter and B. Braun Melsungen.
IMARC Group is a leading market research company that offers management strategy and market research worldwide. We partner with clients in all sectors and regions to identify their highest-value opportunities, address their most critical challenges, and transform their businesses.
IMARC’s information products include major market, scientific, economic and technological developments for business leaders in pharmaceutical, industrial, and high technology organizations. Market forecasts and industry analysis for biotechnology, advanced materials, pharmaceuticals, food and beverage, travel and tourism, nanotechnology and novel processing methods are at the top of the company’s expertise.
Tel no: +1-631-791-1145
Follow us on twitter: @imarcglobal