As per the latest report by IMARC Group, titled “Semiconductor Manufacturing Equipment Market: Global Industry Trends, Share, Size, Growth, Opportunity and Forecast 2023-2028,” the global semiconductor manufacturing equipment market size reached US$ 90.2 Billion in 2022. Semiconductor manufacturing equipment refers to the processing machinery used to produce various electronic and integrated circuits (ICs). It can be classified into wafer fabrication and assembly equipment. Wafer fabrication equipment is used in the early stages of the semiconductor manufacturing process, whereas testing and assembly equipment is used in the latter stages. These machines offer various benefits, such as streamlined production, improved yield and reliability, minimal manufacturing errors and enhanced workplace safety. As a result, they find extensive applications in various industries such as automotive, electronics, and robotics.
Global Semiconductor Manufacturing Equipment Market Trends:
The market is primarily driven by the expanding electronics industry as semiconductors are widely utilized in consumer electronics, such as smartphones, tablets and laptops. In addition, the increasing demand for hybrid and electronic vehicles (H/EVs) represents another major growth-inducing factor. Semiconductor manufacturing equipment is used to assemble multiple semiconductors on a single chip to reduce electronic interference and provide enhanced protection to electronic devices. Besides this, several key players are introducing advanced product variants to expand their customer base. For instance, Applied Materials, Inc., a manufacturing company based in the US, launched Actionable Insight Accelerator (Alx), a platform that accelerates the manufacturing and production of new chip technologies. This, coupled with various technological advancements, such as the utilization of artificial intelligence (AI) solutions and the integration of connected devices with the Internet of Things (IoT), are positively influencing the market growth. Moreover, the emerging trend of device miniaturization and extensive research and development (R&D) activities are some of the other factors anticipated to propel the market growth in the coming years. Looking forward, IMARC Group expects the market value to reach US$ 159.5 Billion by 2028, expanding at a CAGR of 9.75% during the forecast period (2023-2028).
- Based on equipment type, the market has been bifurcated into front-end and back-end.
- On the basis of front-end equipment, the market has been classified into lithography, deposition, cleaning, wafer surface conditioning, and others.
- Based on back-end equipment, the market has been categorized into testing, assembly and packaging, dicing, bonding, metrology, and others.
- On the basis of the fab facility, the market has been segmented into automation, chemical control, gas control, and others.
- The market has been segregated based on the product type into memory, logic components, microprocessors, analog components, optoelectronic components, discrete components, others.
- Based on the dimension, the market has been divided into 2D, 2.5D, and 3D.
- On the basis of the supply chain participant, the market has been classified into IDM firms, OSAT companies, and foundries.
- Region-wise, the market has been divided into Asia Pacific (Taiwan, China, Japan, India, South Korea, Singapore and others), North America (the United States and Canada), Europe (Germany, France, the United Kingdom, Italy, Spain, Russia, and others), Latin America (Brazil, Mexico, and others), and Middle East and Africa.
- The report has also analyzed the competitive landscape of the market, with some of the key players being Advantest Corporation, Applied Materials Inc., ASML Holdings N.V., KLA Corporation, Lam Research Corporation, Onto Innovation Inc., Plasma-Therm LLC, SCREEN Holdings Co. Ltd., Teradyne Inc., Tokyo Electron Limited and Toshiba Corporation.
|Base Year of the Analysis
||Equipment Type, Front-End Equipment, Back-End Equipment, Fab Facility, Product Type, Dimension, Supply Chain Participant, Region
|| Asia Pacific, Europe, North America, Latin America, Middle East and Africa
||Taiwan, China, South Korea, Japan, Singapore, India, United States, Canada, Germany, United Kingdom, France, Italy, Russia, Spain, Mexico, Brazil
||Advantest Corporation, Applied Materials Inc., ASML Holdings N.V., KLA Corporation, Lam Research Corporation, Onto Innovation Inc., Plasma-Therm LLC, SCREEN Holdings Co. Ltd., Teradyne Inc., Tokyo Electron Limited and Toshiba Corporation
||10% Free Customization
|Report Price and Purchase Option
||Single User License: US$ 2499
Five User License: US$ 3499
Corporate License: US$ 4499
|Post-Sale Analyst Support
||PDF and Excel through Email (We can also provide the editable version of the report in PPT/Word format on special request)
IMARC Group is a leading market research company that offers management strategy and market research worldwide. We partner with clients in all sectors and regions to identify their highest-value opportunities, address their most critical challenges, and transform their businesses.
IMARC’s information products include major market, scientific, economic and technological developments for business leaders in biotechnology, advanced materials, pharmaceuticals, food and beverage, travel and tourism, and nanotechnology industries. We also provide cost model and manufacturing setup project reports through Syndicated Analytics, a subsidiary of IMARC Group.
30 N Gould St, Ste R
Sheridan, WY 82801, USA
Americas: +1-631-791-1145 | Europe & Africa: +44-753-713-2163 | Asia: +91-120-433-0800