The latest report by IMARC Group, titled “Semiconductor Rectifier Market: Global Industry Trends, Share, Size, Growth, Opportunity, and Forecast 2023-2028,” finds that the global semiconductor rectifier market reached a value of US$
4.4 Billion in 2022. A semiconductor rectifier is a two-lead device that allows current to pass in one direction. It converts alternating current (AC) to direct current (DC) and inhibits the flow of current in the opposite direction by applying the properties of a junction. It consists of a transformer, cabinet and stack and is commonly available in single-phase and three-phase variants. As a semiconductor rectifier does not require warm-up time for operation, it is used in the power supply systems of electronic devices for isolating signals from the source and rectifying the voltage. It also finds extensive applications across automotive, consumer electronics, power, information technology (IT) and telecommunications industries.
Global Semiconductor Rectifier Market Trends:
The market is primarily driven by the rising deployment of smart grids across the globe. Semiconductor rectifiers are extensively used as guards to avoid reverse voltage supply in electronic components. Besides this, semiconductor rectifiers are widely utilized in consumer electronics, such as laptops, smartphones, and computers, for high-frequency rectification and enhanced energy efficiency. This, coupled with the implementation of several government initiatives to develop modern power distribution and infrastructure, is positively influencing the market growth. Furthermore, the emerging trend of miniaturization of electrical components and the rising product utilization in automotive electronics, such as central body control, braking system, modern electric power steering, and seat control, are creating a favorable market outlook across the globe. Moreover, various product innovations, such as the development of environment-friendly semiconductor rectifiers manufactured with biocompatible and biodegradable materials, represent another major growth-inducing factor. Looking forward, IMARC Group expects the market value to reach US$
6.7 Billion by 2028, exhibiting a CAGR of
6.73% during the forecast period (2023-2028).
- Based on the product, the market has been bifurcated into single and three-phase.
- On the basis of the type, the market has been classified into low, medium, and high current rectifiers.
- Based on the end use industry, the market has been categorized into automotive, consumer electronics, power and utility, IT and telecom, and others.
- Region-wise, the market has been divided into North America (the United States and Canada), Asia Pacific (China, Japan, India, South Korea, Australia, Indonesia, and others), Europe (Germany, France, the United Kingdom, Italy, Spain, Russia, and others), Latin America (Brazil, Mexico, and others), and Middle East and Africa.
- The competitive landscape of the market has been examined in the report, with some of the key players being ABB Ltd., ASI Semiconductor Inc., Infineon Technologies AG, Microchip Technology Inc., Mitsubishi Electric Corporation, NXP Semiconductors N.V., Renesas Electronics Corporation, STMicroelectronics International N.V., Texas Instruments Incorporated and Toshiba Corporation.
IMARC Group is a leading market research company that offers management strategy and market research worldwide. We partner with clients in all sectors and regions to identify their highest-value opportunities, address their most critical challenges, and transform their businesses.
IMARC’s information products include major market, scientific, economic and technological developments for business leaders in pharmaceutical, industrial, and high technology organizations. Market forecasts and industry analysis for biotechnology, advanced materials, pharmaceuticals, food and beverage, travel and tourism, nanotechnology and novel processing methods are at the top of the company’s expertise.
Follow us on twitter : @imarcglobal