The latest report by IMARC Group, titled “Sepsis Diagnostics Market: Global Industry Trends, Share, Size, Growth, Opportunity, and Forecast 2022-2027,” finds that the global sepsis diagnostics market is expected to exhibit a CAGR of 9.2% during 2022-2027. Sepsis diagnostics involve the use of various laboratory tests and medical techniques to diagnose sepsis, a critical life-threatening condition caused by the body’s response to bacterial, fungal, viral, or parasitic infections. If left untreated, sepsis can lead to a systemic inflammatory reaction, formation of blood clots, and eventually organ dysfunction or failure. Some commonly used sepsis diagnostic methods include molecular diagnosis, immunoassays, microfluidics, biomarkers, flow cytometry, polymerase chain reaction (PCR), and sequencing. As a result, sepsis diagnostics find extensive applications across hospitals, clinics, pathology and reference laboratories, and academic research institutes for early diagnosis and effective treatment of sepsis.
We are regularly tracking the direct effect of COVID-19 on the market, along with the indirect influence of associated industries. These observations will be integrated into the report.
Global Sepsis Diagnostics Market Trends:
The rising cases of hospital-acquired infections (HAI) and infectious diseases that can trigger sepsis, especially among the elderly, infants and individuals suffering from chronic conditions, represent the primary factors driving the market growth. Besides this, the recent outbreak of coronavirus disease (COVID-19) and surging hospital admission rates have resulted in a subsequent increase in the risk of developing sepsis, thereby escalating the demand for sepsis diagnostics. Additionally, the widespread adoption of advanced data analytics tools that enable the integration of multiple test results from different platforms to offer real-time data access and accurate disease diagnosis has propelled the market growth. Furthermore, several key players are making heavy investments in research and development (R&D) projects focused on new blood culture approaches to identify and treat chronic infections. In line with this, technological advancements, such as the introduction of novel immunological and molecular biomarkers that facilitate the early detection of sepsis, have accelerated the product adoption rate. Other factors, including the launch of technologically advanced diagnostic methods, significant growth in the healthcare sector, increasing penetration of molecular diagnostic technology, rising regulatory approvals, and supportive government initiatives, are also creating a favorable market outlook.
- Based on the diagnosis, the market has been bifurcated into automated and conventional diagnostics.
- The market has been segregated based on the product into instruments, assay kits and reagents, blood culture media, and software.
- On the basis of the mode of testing, the market has been classified as laboratory and point-of-care tests.
- Based on technology, the market has been categorized into molecular diagnostics, immunoassays, biomarkers, flow cytometry, microfluidics, and blood culture.
- The market has been divided based on the pathogen into bacterial (gram-positive and gram-negative bacterial sepsis), viral, fungal, and other sepsis.
- On the basis of the end user, the market has been segmented into diagnostic clinics, hospitals, and research laboratories.
- Region-wise, the market has been segregated into North America (the United States and Canada), Europe (Germany, France, the United Kingdom, Italy, Spain, and others), Asia Pacific (China, India, Japan, Australia, Singapore, and others), Latin America (Brazil, Mexico, Argentina, and others), and Middle East and Africa (Saudi Arabia, United Arab Emirates, South Africa, and others).
- The competitive landscape of the market has also been analyzed, with some of the key players being Abbott Laboratories, Becton, Dickinson and Company (BD), biomerieux SA, Bruker Corporation, EKF Diagnostics Holding Plc, Epic Systems Corporation, Luminex Corporation, Roche Holding AG, Sysmex Corporation, and T2 Biosystems Inc.
IMARC Group is a leading market research company that offers management strategy and market research worldwide. We partner with clients in all sectors and regions to identify their highest-value opportunities, address their most critical challenges, and transform their businesses.
IMARC’s information products include major market, scientific, economic and technological developments for business leaders in biotechnology, advanced materials, pharmaceuticals, food and beverage, travel and tourism, and nanotechnology industries. We also provide cost model and manufacturing setup project reports through Syndicated Analytics, a subsidiary of IMARC Group.
30 N Gould St, Ste R
Sheridan, WY 82801, USA
Americas: +1-631-791-1145 | Europe & Africa: +44-753-713-2163 | Asia: +91-120-433-0800