According to the latest report by IMARC Group, titled "Serious games Market: Global Industry Trends, Share, Size, Growth, Opportunity and Forecast 2023-2028," the global serious games market size reached US$ 9.1 Billion in 2022. Serious games are a game-based initiative that has been designed for the purposes of training and education. They are engaging and immersive and promote learning and behavioral change. They assist rehabilitation centers in translating exercises to actions in the game and consultancy agencies in teaching teamwork and social and logistic dynamics within businesses. They reinforce the learning objective, including the story of the game, game mechanics and interactivity, rules of the game, challenges and competition, immersive graphical environment, rewards, and risks and consequences associated with the game. Additionally, they offer enhanced motivation, flexibility, better engagement, immediate feedback, unique collaborations, enhanced creativity and exploration, and easy interaction. As a result, they are used as attractive and non-intrusive advertising, can be played on mobile, consoles, online, or other platforms, and extend retention of the user and efficient memorization of content.
Global Serious Games Market Trends:
The rising demand for user engagement activities across various enterprises is driving the global market. Moreover, the increasing requirement for interactive and engaging training solutions is catalyzing the market across the globe. In line with this, the widespread adoption of virtual reality in training and development activities is creating a positive market outlook. Besides, the increasing demand for remote learning solutions is fostering the demand for serious games as they offer an engaging and interactive way to learn remotely. Furthermore, it offers various benefits, including decision-making, self-monitoring, negotiation, enhanced problem recognition, and social skills, which are positively influencing the market. In line with this, serious games can be tailored to the specific needs and learning styles of individual users, which can lead to a more effective and engaging learning experience, thus impacting the market favorably. Furthermore, the rising expenditure in healthcare, defense, and education sectors around the world is contributing to the demand across the globe. Apart from this, rapid development in the digital world and the rising usage of social media networks are providing a boost to the market. Moreover, the growing inclination of organizations toward interactive advertisements, large-scale digitization, and the emergence of social networks is further augmenting the demand. Other factors, such as rising demand for soft skills development, continuous technological advancements, and growing awareness towards health and wellness, are also influencing the market. On account of the aforementioned factors, the market is anticipated to reach a value of US$ 31.8 Billion by 2028, exhibiting a growth rate (CAGR) of 21.6% during 2023-2028.
- On the basis of the gaming platform, the market has been divided into smartphone, console, PC, and others.
- Based on the application, the market has been segmented into simulation and training, research and planning, advertising, and marketing, human resources, and others.
- On the basis of the industry vertical, the market has been bifurcated into education, healthcare, aerospace and defense, government, retail, media and entertainment, and others.
- On the basis of the region, the market has been categorized into North America (the United States, and Canada), Asia Pacific (China, Japan, India, South Korea, Australia, Indonesia, and others), Europe (Germany, France, United Kingdom, Italy, Spain, Russia, and others), Latin America (Brazil, Mexico, and others), and the Middle East and Africa.
- The competitive landscape of the market has been studied in the report with the detailed profiles of the key players operating in the market. Some of the key players include Applied Research Associate Inc., BreakAway Games, Cisco Systems Inc., Designing Digitally Inc., Diginext SRL (CS Communication & Systèmes), Grendel Games, LIB Businessgames B.V., MPS Interactive Systems Limited (MPS Ltd.), Serious Games Interactive, Totem Learning and YES!Delft.
|Base Year of the Analysis
||Gaming Platform, Application, Industry Vertical, Region
|| Asia Pacific, Europe, North America, Latin America, Middle East and Africa
||United States, Canada, Germany, France, United Kingdom, Italy, Spain, Russia, China, Japan, India, South Korea, Australia, Indonesia, Brazil, Mexico
||Applied Research Associate Inc., BreakAway Games, Cisco Systems Inc., Designing Digitally Inc., Diginext SRL (CS Communication & Systèmes), Grendel Games, LIB Businessgames B.V., MPS Interactive Systems Limited (MPS Ltd.), Serious Games Interactive, Totem Learning and YES!Delft.
||10% Free Customization
|Report Price and Purchase Option
||Single User License: US$ 2499
Five User License: US$ 3499
Corporate License: US$ 4499
|Post-Sale Analyst Support
||PDF and Excel through Email (We can also provide the editable version of the report in PPT/Word format on special request)
IMARC Group is a leading market research company that offers management strategy and market research worldwide. We partner with clients in all sectors and regions to identify their highest-value opportunities, address their most critical challenges, and transform their businesses.
IMARC’s information products include major market, scientific, economic and technological developments for business leaders in pharmaceutical, industrial, and high technology organizations. Market forecasts and industry analysis for biotechnology, advanced materials, pharmaceuticals, food and beverage, travel and tourism, nanotechnology and novel processing methods are at the top of the company’s expertise.
134 N 4th St.
Brooklyn, NY 11249, USA
Americas:- +1 631 791 1145 | Africa and Europe :- +44-702-409-7331 | Asia: +91-120-433-0800, +91-120-433-0800