According to the latest report by IMARC Group, titled “Shipping Container Market: Global Industry Trends, Share, Size, Growth, Opportunity and Forecast 2023-2028,” the global shipping container market size reached US$ 10.3 Billion in 2022. A shipping container is a large, standardized metal container designed for transporting and storing goods. It can be easily transferred between different modes of transportation, such as ships, trucks, and trains, without the need to unload or repackage the contents. It allows secure transportation and protection of goods during transit. It has sturdy walls, floors, and doors, which can be sealed to prevent unauthorized access and protect the contents from damage and theft.
Global Shipping Container Market Trends:
There is an increase in the reliance on online websites for buying essential daily goods and luxury items on account of the rising awareness among individuals about the benefits of ordering products through online portals, which offer easy availability, convenience, and a wide catalog. This, coupled with significant growth in the e-commerce sector, represents one of the major factors driving the demand for shipping containers around the world. Moreover, the growing number of global and domestic trade activities and the increasing demand for cargo transportation through ships is influencing the market positively. In addition, the rising adoption of automation at cargo terminals and the implementation of stringent safety norms in marine transportation is favoring the growth of the market. Apart from this, the emerging trend of imported premium vehicles is catalyzing the demand for shipping containers worldwide. Looking forward, the market value is projected to reach US$ 16.4 Billion by 2028, expanding at a CAGR of 8.02% during 2023-2028.
- Based on the product, the market has been segmented into dry storage containers, flat rack containers, refrigerated containers, special purpose containers, and others. Presently, dry storage containers hold the largest market share.
- On the basis of the container size, the market has been segregated into small containers (20 feet), large containers (40 feet), high cube containers, and others. Large containers (40 feet) currently account for the biggest share of the market.
- Based on the application, the market has been divided into food and beverages, consumer goods, healthcare, industrial products, vehicle transport, and others. At present, industrial products dominate the market.
- Region-wise, the market has been segmented into North America (the United States and Canada); Asia Pacific (China, Japan, India, South Korea, Australia, Indonesia, and others); Europe (Germany, France, the United Kingdom, Italy, Spain, Russia, and others); Latin America (Brazil, Mexico, and others); and the Middle East and Africa. Amongst these, Asia Pacific enjoys the leading position in the market.
- The competitive landscape of the market has also been examined, with some of the key players being A.P. Moller - Maersk, CARU Containers B.V., China Eastern Containers, COSCO SHIPPING Lines Co. Ltd. (China COSCO Shipping Corporation Limited), CXIC Group Containers Company Limited, OEG Offshore Limited, Ritveyraaj Cargo Shipping Containers, SEA BOX Inc., Singamas Container Holdings Limited, TLS Offshore Containers International, W&K Containers Inc., and YMC Container Solutions (Thurston Group Limited).
|Base Year of the Analysis
||Product, Container Size, Application, Region
|| Asia Pacific, Europe, North America, Latin America, Middle East and Africa
||United States, Canada, Germany, France, United Kingdom, Italy, Spain, Russia, China, Japan, India, South Korea, Australia, Indonesia, Brazil, Mexico
||A.P. Moller - Maersk, CARU Containers B.V., China Eastern Containers, COSCO SHIPPING Lines Co. Ltd. (China COSCO Shipping Corporation Limited), CXIC Group Containers Company Limited, OEG Offshore Limited, Ritveyraaj Cargo Shipping Containers, SEA BOX Inc., Singamas Container Holdings Limited, TLS Offshore Containers International, W&K Containers Inc. and YMC Container Solutions (Thurston Group Limited)
||10% Free Customization
|Report Price and Purchase Option
||Single User License: US$ 2499
Five User License: US$ 3499
Corporate License: US$ 4499
|Post-Sale Analyst Support
||PDF and Excel through Email (We can also provide the editable version of the report in PPT/Word format on special request)
IMARC Group is a leading market research company that offers management strategy and market research worldwide. We partner with clients in all sectors and regions to identify their highest-value opportunities, address their most critical challenges, and transform their businesses.
IMARC’s information products include major market, scientific, economic and technological developments for business leaders in pharmaceutical, industrial, and high technology organizations. Market forecasts and industry analysis for biotechnology, advanced materials, pharmaceuticals, food and beverage, travel and tourism, nanotechnology and novel processing methods are at the top of the company’s expertise.
134 N 4th St.
Brooklyn, NY 11249, USA
Americas:- +1 631 791 1145 | Africa and Europe :- +44-702-409-7331 | Asia: +91-120-433-0800, +91-120-433-0800