The latest report by IMARC Group, titled “Shoulder Arthroplasty Market: Global Industry Trends, Share, Size, Growth, Opportunity and Forecast 2023-2028,” finds that the global shoulder arthroplasty market reached a value of US$ 1.7 Billion in 2022. Shoulder arthroplasty or shoulder replacement is the procedure performed to replace the diseased or damaged ball and socket joints of the shoulder. The process is conducted to relieve arthritis pain and fix severe physical joint damage. It is undertaken in the glenohumeral joint after thorough evaluation through the methods of x-ray, blood tests, bone scans, physical examinations, computer tomography (CT) scans, and magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) scans. Shoulder arthroplasty makes use of prostheses made from metal components or plastic implants. Shoulder arthroplasty has proved to be one of the most reliable treatment options for degenerative joint diseases in the shoulder.
Global Shoulder Arthroplasty Market Trends:
The market is primarily driven by the increasing incidences of arthritis coupled with the rising geriatric population. Besides this, there has been a growing number of patients ailing from inflammatory arthritis, osteonecrosis involving the glenoid, and post-traumatic degenerative joint diseases causing pain and disability. This has increased the number of reverse total shoulder arthroplasty surgeries for rotator cuff arthropathy. In addition to this, the growing awareness regarding shoulder arthroplasties is also fueling the market growth. Apart from this, the rising popularity of medical tourism is facilitating the demand for shoulder arthroplasty. Due to this, governments across various countries are also investing in developing and supporting arthroplasty devices, thereby propelling the market growth. Furthermore, technological advancements have resulted in the development of devices that offer reduced surgical time and increased patient outcomes. As a result, manufacturers have introduced advanced shoulder fracture repair devices, which are creating a positive market outlook. Looking forward, the market is expected to reach a value of US$ 2.4 Billion by 2028, exhibiting a CAGR of 6% during the forecast period (2023-2028).
- On the basis of the device, the market has been segregated into shoulder arthroplasty resurfacing implants, trauma devices and platform systems.
- Based on the procedure, the market has been segmented into partial, total, and revision shoulder arthroplasty.
- On the basis of the indication, the market has been classified into arthritis, fractur/dislocation, rotator cuff tear arthropathy, Hill Sachs Defect, and others.
- The market has been categorized based on the end user into hospitals, orthopedic centers, ambulatory surgical centers, and others.
- Region-wise, the market has been divided into North America (the United States and Canada), Asia Pacific (China, Japan, India, South Korea, Australia, Indonesia, and others), Europe (Germany, France, the United Kingdom, Italy, Spain, Russia, and others), Latin America (Brazil, Mexico, and others), and Middle East and Africa.
- The competitive landscape of the market has been examined, with some of the key players being Arthrex Inc., BioTek Instruments Inc. (Agilent Technologies Inc.), Conmed Corporation, DJO Global (Colfax Corporation), Exactech Inc., Implantcast GmbH, Integra LifeSciences Corporation, Johnson & Johnson, Kinamed Incorporated, Limacorporate S.p.A., Medacta Group, Smith and Nephew Plc, Stryker Corporation, and Zimmer Biomet.
|Base Year of the Analysis
| Historical Period
||Device, Procedure, Indication, End User, Region
|| Asia Pacific, Europe, North America, Latin America, Middle East and Africa
||United States, Canada, Germany, France, United Kingdom, Italy, Spain, Russia, China, Japan, India, South Korea, Australia, Indonesia, Brazil, Mexico
||Arthrex Inc., BioTek Instruments Inc. (Agilent Technologies Inc.), Conmed Corporation, DJO Global (Colfax Corporation), Exactech Inc., Implantcast GmbH, Integra LifeSciences Corporation, Johnson & Johnson, Kinamed Incorporated, Limacorporate S.p.A., Medacta Group, Smith and Nephew Plc, Stryker Corporation and Zimmer Biomet.
||10% Free Customization
|Report Price and Purchase Option
||Single User License: US$ 2499
Five User License: US$ 3499
Corporate License: US$ 4499
|Post-Sale Analyst Support
||PDF and Excel through Email (We can also provide the editable version of the report in PPT/Word format on special request)
IMARC Group is a leading market research company that offers management strategy and market research worldwide. We partner with clients in all sectors and regions to identify their highest-value opportunities, address their most critical challenges, and transform their businesses.
IMARC’s information products include major market, scientific, economic and technological developments for business leaders in pharmaceutical, industrial, and high technology organizations. Market forecasts and industry analysis for biotechnology, advanced materials, pharmaceuticals, food and beverage, travel and tourism, nanotechnology and novel processing methods are at the top of the company’s expertise.
Follow us on twitter : @imarcglobal