According to the latest report by IMARC Group, titled "Signal Generator Market: Global Industry Trends, Share, Size, Growth, Opportunity and Forecast 2020-2025," the global signal generator market size reached US$ 1,061.8 Million in 2019. A signal generator is a piece of electronic test equipment that generates repeating or non-repeating waveforms of different shapes and amplitudes. These signals, including sine waves, square waves, binary patterns or digital pulses, can usually be adjusted based on their impedance, frequency, modulation and output voltage. These generators are widely used to perform numerous measurements for applications that require electromagnetic wave signals as stimuli. They are employed in the electronics, defense, aerospace and telecommunication sectors for designing, manufacturing, servicing, measuring frequencies, stress/margin testing and troubleshooting electronic devices.
We are regularly tracking the direct effect of COVID-19 on the market, along with the indirect influence of associated industries. These observations will be integrated into the report.
Global Signal Generator Market Trends:
The global market is primarily driven by the growing requirement for advanced testing and measuring equipment from the consumer electronics sector. There has been a significant increase in the demand for smartphones and laptops, which has impelled the demand for efficient signal generators for prototyping and debugging circuits. The shifting preference of consumers from GPRS and WCDMA to advanced technologies, such as LTE, LTE-A, and WiMAX, has also created a demand for error-free testing equipment with high precision. Additionally, product innovations and extensive research and development (R&D) activities are acting as other major growth-inducing factors. This, in turn, has led to the development of several product variants with higher efficiency rates. These variants, including microwave and radio wave generators, are extensively utilized for the testing of technologically advanced electronics in the medical, aerospace and defense sectors. The advent of portable signal generators and the growing adoption of these devices in the education sector are some of the other factors contributing to the market growth. On account of the aforementioned factors, the market is expected to exhibit moderate growth during 2020-2025.
- On the basis of the product, the market has been divided into RF signal, microwave signal, arbitrary waveform and vector signal generators.
- Based on technology, the market has been classified into Global System for Mobile Phones (GSM), Code Division Multiple Access (CDMA), Wideband Code Division Multiple Access (WCDMA), Long Term Evolution (LTE) and others.
- On the basis of the application, the market has been categorized into designing, testing, manufacturing, troubleshooting, repairing and others.
- Based on the end use, the market has been segmented into communications, aerospace and defense, mechanical, electronics, healthcare and other industries.
- On the geographical front, the market has been segregated into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Middle East and Africa, and Latin America.
- The competitive landscape of the market has been analyzed in the report with the detailed profiles of the key players operating in the market. Some of these players include Keysight Technologies, Inc., Rohde & Schwarz GmbH & Co KG, National Instruments Corporation, Anritsu Corporation, Tektronix Inc., Teledyne Technologies Incorporated, B&K Precision Corporation, Fluke Corporation, Stanford Research Systems, Good Will Instrument Co., Ltd., and Yokogawa Electric Corporation.
IMARC Group is a leading market research company that offers management strategy and market research worldwide. We partner with clients in all sectors and regions to identify their highest-value opportunities, address their most critical challenges, and transform their businesses.
IMARC’s information products include major market, scientific, economic and technological developments for business leaders in pharmaceutical, industrial, and high technology organizations. Market forecasts and industry analysis for biotechnology, advanced materials, pharmaceuticals, food and beverage, travel and tourism, nanotechnology and novel processing methods are at the top of the company’s expertise.
30 N Gould St Ste R
Sheridan, WY 82801 USA
Tel No:(D) +91 120 433 0800 |
Americas:- +1 631 791 1145 | Africa and Europe :- +44-702-409-7331 | Asia: +91-120-433-0800, +91-120-433-0800