According to the latest report by IMARC Group, titled “Silane Market: Global Industry Trends, Share, Size, Growth, Opportunity and Forecast 2022-2027”, the global silane market size reached a value of US$ 1.76 Billion in 2021. Silane (H4Si) is a chemical compound that is synthesized from aluminum silicide and hydrochloric acid. It can also occur as an aqueous solution of sodium, manganese, and iron chloride. In combination with pressure-sensitive tapes, polyamides, and polyester, silane enhances its magnetic properties, including wet electricity, sheer strength, and compression. It is characterized by a colorless, poisonous, flammable, and highly reactive nature, and a strong repulsive odor. Additionally, silane can be used as a water-based liquid or gel as it reduces capillary water absorption and harmful substances. Due to its wide range of applications, it is used for adhesion promoters, crosslinkers, coupling agents, moisture scavengers, surface modifiers, and resin additives.
We are regularly tracking the direct effect of COVID-19 on the market, along with the indirect influence of associated industries. These observations will be integrated into the report.
Global Silane Market Trends:
The market is primarily driven by the escalating product usage in various end-use industries, primarily in paints and coatings, ceramics, and adhesive. In addition to this, the rapid product utilization as an insulating layer in numerous components of semiconductors is resulting in a higher product uptake across the electronics and electrical sector. This is supported by the increasing demand for smart consumer electronics, along with rapid digitization across the globe. In line with this, the growing demand for amorphous silicon films in the manufacturing of solar cells is also impacting the market positively. Considerable growth in the construction industry resulting in the augmenting demand for sealants, adhesives, under-the-floor hot-water heating pipes, and foams is further creating a positive outlook for the market. Some of the other factors contributing to the market growth include continual advancements in technology, rapid urbanization and industrialization, and extensive research and development (R&D) activities conducted by key players. On account of the aforementioned factors, the market is anticipated to reach a value of US$ 2.35 Billion by 2027, exhibiting a CAGR of 5.22% during 2022-2027.
- Based on the product, the market has been segmented into alkyl silane, sulfur silane, amino silane, vinyl silane, epoxy silane, methacrylate silane, mono/chloro silane and others.
- On the basis of the application, the market has been classified into coupling agents, adhesion promoters, hydrophobing and dispersing agents, moisture scavengers, silicate stabilizers, and others.
- Based on the end use industry, the market has been categorized as paints and coatings, electronics and semiconductors, rubber and plastics, adhesives and sealants, and others.
- On the geographical front, the market has been segregated into North America (the United States and Canada), Asia Pacific (China, Japan, India, South Korea, Australia, Indonesia and others), Europe (Germany, France, the United Kingdom, Italy, Spain, Russia and others), Latin America (Brazil, Mexico and others), and Middle East and Africa.
- The competitive landscape of the market has been studied in the report with the detailed profiles of the key players operating in the market. Some of these players include Air Products Inc., Dow Inc., Evonik Industries AG, Gelest Inc. (Mitsubishi Chemical Holdings Corporation), Momentive Performance Materials Inc., Nanjing Shuguang Chemical Group Co. Ltd., Power Chemical Corporation, Rheinmetall AG, Shin-Etsu Chemical Co. Ltd., Silar, Tokyo Chemical Industry Co. Ltd., and Wacker Chemie AG.
IMARC Group is a leading market research company that offers management strategy and market research worldwide. We partner with clients in all sectors and regions to identify their highest-value opportunities, address their most critical challenges, and transform their businesses.
IMARC’s information products include major market, scientific, economic and technological developments for business leaders in pharmaceutical, industrial, and high technology organizations. Market forecasts and industry analysis for biotechnology, advanced materials, pharmaceuticals, food and beverage, travel and tourism, nanotechnology and novel processing methods are at the top of the company’s expertise.
30 N Gould St, Ste R
Sheridan, WY 82801, USA
Americas: +1-631-791-1145 | Europe & Africa: +44-753-713-2163 | Asia: +91-120-433-0800