According to the latest report by IMARC Group, titled "Silane Market: Global Industry Trends, Share, Size, Growth, Opportunity, and Forecast 2023-2028," the global silane market reached a value of US$ 1.9 Billion in 2022. Silane is a chemical compound with the formula SiH4. It is a colorless and flammable gas with a pungent odor. It is the simplest compound of silicon and hydrogen, and it is a key precursor for the production of many silicon-based materials. It is insoluble in water, but it is soluble in organic solvents, such as benzene, ethanol, and chloroform. It is highly flammable and can ignite spontaneously in the air or form explosive mixtures with oxygen. It is also a reducing agent and reacts with many compounds, including halogens, aldehydes, ketones, and alcohol. One of the most important uses of silane is as a precursor for producing silicon-based materials and other high-performance polymers. It is also used as a reducing agent in the semiconductor industry and a surface modifier for various substrates, including glass, ceramics, and metals.
Global Silane Market Trends:
The global market is majorly driven by the increasing demand for high-performance polymers in the electronics and aerospace industries. Apart from this, the escalating demand for water-repellent coatings in the construction and automotive industries is catalyzing the market. Moreover, the rapid product utilization as a reducing agent in chemical synthesis is propelling the market. Besides, the increasing product uptake in producing flat panel displays and LEDs is favoring the market. Additionally, the rising product demand in the textile industry as a water repellent and softener and in the food and beverage industry as a preservative is providing a boost to the market. In line with this, the rising demand for fiberglass in wind energy and construction industries is significantly contributing to the product demand. Furthermore, the growing usage of silane in semiconductor and photovoltaic industries is positively influencing the market. Some of the other factors driving the market growth include the growing demand for silane in the production of silicon wafers for the semiconductor industry, the escalating demand for high-purity silane in the pharmaceutical industry, and the increasing awareness about the benefits of using silane in various applications, such as improved mechanical properties, increased durability, and water resistance. On account of the factors above, the market is anticipated to reach a value of US$ 2.5 Billion by 2028, exhibiting a CAGR of 5% during 2023-2028.
- On the basis of the product, the market has been categorized into alkyl silane, sulfur silane, amino silane, vinyl silane, epoxy silane, methacrylate silane, mono/chloro silane, and others.
- Based on the application, the market has been segmented into coupling agents, adhesion promoters, hydrophobing and dispersing agents, moisture scavengers, silicate stabilizers, and others.
- Based on the end use industry, the market has been classified into paints and coatings, electronics and semiconductors, rubber and plastics, adhesives and sealants, and others.
- On the basis of the region, the market has been divided into North America (the United States and Canada), Asia Pacific (China, Japan, India, South Korea, Australia, Indonesia, and others), Europe (Germany, France, the United Kingdom, Italy, Spain, Russia, and others), Latin America (Brazil, Mexico, and others) and the Middle East and Africa.
- The competitive landscape of the market has been studied in the report with detailed profiles of the key players operating in the market. Some of the key players include Air Products Inc., Dow Inc., Evonik Industries AG, Gelest Inc. (Mitsubishi Chemical Holdings Corporation), Momentive Performance Materials Inc., Nanjing Shuguang Chemical Group Co. Ltd., Power Chemical Corporation, Rheinmetall AG, Shin-Etsu Chemical Co. Ltd., Silar, Tokyo Chemical Industry Co. Ltd. and Wacker Chemie AG.
|Base Year of the Analysis
||Product, Application, End Use Industry, Region
|| Asia Pacific, Europe, North America, Latin America, Middle East and Africa
||United States, Canada, Germany, France, United Kingdom, Italy, Spain, Russia, China, Japan, India, South Korea, Australia, Indonesia, Brazil, Mexico
||Air Products Inc., Dow Inc., Evonik Industries AG, Gelest Inc. (Mitsubishi Chemical Holdings Corporation), Momentive Performance Materials Inc., Nanjing Shuguang Chemical Group Co. Ltd., Power Chemical Corporation, Rheinmetall AG, Shin-Etsu Chemical Co. Ltd., Silar, Tokyo Chemical Industry Co. Ltd. and Wacker Chemie AG
||10% Free Customization
|Report Price and Purchase Option
||Single User License: US$ 2499
Five User License: US$ 3499
Corporate License: US$ 4499
|Post-Sale Analyst Support
||PDF and Excel through Email (We can also provide the editable version of the report in PPT/Word format on special request)
IMARC Group is a leading market research company that offers management strategy and market research worldwide. We partner with clients in all sectors and regions to identify their highest-value opportunities, address their most critical challenges, and transform their businesses.
IMARC’s information products include major market, scientific, economic and technological developments for business leaders in pharmaceutical, industrial, and high technology organizations. Market forecasts and industry analysis for biotechnology, advanced materials, pharmaceuticals, food and beverage, travel and tourism, nanotechnology and novel processing methods are at the top of the company’s expertise.
134 N 4th St.
Brooklyn, NY 11249, USA
Americas:- +1 631 791 1145 | Africa and Europe :- +44-702-409-7331 | Asia: +91-120-433-0800, +91-120-433-0800