According to the latest report by IMARC Group, titled “Silicon on Insulator Market: Global Industry Trends, Share, Size, Growth, Opportunity and Forecast 2023-2028,” the global silicon on insulator market size reached US$ 1.3 Billion in 2022. Silicon on insulator (SOI) is a semiconductor technology utilized in the fabrication of integrated circuits (ICs). It involves creating a thin silicon layer on top of an insulating material, typically a layer of silicon dioxide. It improves the performance and efficiency of ICs compared to traditional bulk silicon technology. It also reduces junction capacitance, which results in higher speed, eliminates charge leakage, optimizes the performance of SOI-based devices, and ensures minimal power consumption.
Global Silicon on Insulator Market Trends:
Increasing sales of consumer electronic products, such as smartphones, laptops, coffee makers, grillers, toasters, microwaves, gaming consoles, computers, and smart wearables, represent one of the primary factors driving the demand for SOI around the world. Moreover, there is a rise in the use of SOI in the automotive industry for advanced driver-assistance systems (ADAS) and infotainment systems due to its reliability, high-temperature tolerance, and low power consumption. This, coupled with the growing inclination towards luxury and autonomous vehicles on account of rapid urbanization and inflating income levels, is influencing the market positively. In addition, the increasing need for low power and affordable semiconductors and ICs are catalyzing the demand for SOI worldwide. Apart from this, the rising use of SOI in medical devices for implantable and wearable devices due to its low power consumption and biocompatibility, which makes it suitable for use in medical sensors and monitoring equipment, is augmenting the market growth. Looking forward, the market value is projected to reach US$ 3.1 Billion by 2028, expanding at a CAGR of 14.4% during 2023-2028.
- Based on the wafer size, 300 mm dominates the market, followed by 200 mm.
- On the basis of the wafer type, the market has been segregated into FD-SOI, RF-SOI, PD-SOI, and others. FD-SOI currently accounts for the largest market share.
- Based on the technology, the market has been divided into smart cut, BESOI, SiMOX, ELTRAN, and SoS. At present, smart cut holds the biggest market share.
- On the basis of the product, the market has been classified into RF FEM products, MEMS devices, power products, optical communication, and image sensing. RF FEM products account for the majority of the total market share.
- Based on the application, the market has been categorized into consumer electronics, automotive, datacom and telecom, industrial, photonics, and others. Presently, silicon on insulators find application in consumer electronics.
- Region-wise, the market has been segmented into North America (the United States and Canada); Asia Pacific (China, Japan, India, South Korea, Australia, Indonesia, and others); Europe (Germany, France, the United Kingdom, Italy, Spain, Russia, and others); Latin America (Brazil, Mexico, and others); and the Middle East and Africa. Amongst these, Asia Pacific enjoys the leading position in the market.
- The competitive landscape of the market has also been examined, with some of the key players being GlobalWafers Co. Ltd. (Sino-American Silicon Products Inc.), GlobalFoundries Inc., Murata Manufacturing Co. Ltd., NXP Semiconductors N.V., Shanghai Simgui Technology Co. Ltd., Shin-Etsu Chemical Co. Ltd., Silicon Valley Microelectronics Inc., Soitec, STMicroelectronics, SUMCO Corporation, Tower Semiconductor Ltd. and United Microelectronics Corporation.
|Base Year of the Analysis
||Wafer Size, Wafer Type, Technology, Product, Application, Region
||Asia Pacific, Europe, North America, Latin America, Middle East and Africa
||United States, Canada, Germany, France, United Kingdom, Italy, Spain, Russia, China, Japan, India, South Korea, Australia, Indonesia, Brazil, Mexico
||GlobalWafers Co. Ltd. (Sino-American Silicon Products Inc.), GlobalFoundries Inc., Murata Manufacturing Co. Ltd., NXP Semiconductors N.V., Shanghai Simgui Technology Co. Ltd., Shin-Etsu Chemical Co. Ltd., Silicon Valley Microelectronics Inc., Soitec, STMicroelectronics, SUMCO Corporation, Tower Semiconductor Ltd. and United Microelectronics Corporation
||10% Free Customization
|Report Price and Purchase Option
||Single User License: US$ 2499
Five User License: US$ 3499
Corporate License: US$ 4499
|Post-Sale Analyst Support
||PDF and Excel through Email (We can also provide the editable version of the report in PPT/Word format on special request)
IMARC Group is a leading market research company that offers management strategy and market research worldwide. We partner with clients in all sectors and regions to identify their highest-value opportunities, address their most critical challenges, and transform their businesses.
IMARC’s information products include major market, scientific, economic and technological developments for business leaders in pharmaceutical, industrial, and high technology organizations. Market forecasts and industry analysis for biotechnology, advanced materials, pharmaceuticals, food and beverage, travel and tourism, nanotechnology and novel processing methods are at the top of the company’s expertise.
134 N 4th St.
Brooklyn, NY 11249, USA
Americas:- +1 631 791 1145 | Africa and Europe :- +44-702-409-7331 | Asia: +91-120-433-0800, +91-120-433-0800