According to the latest report by IMARC Group, titled "Skilled Nursing Facility Market: Global Industry Trends, Share, Size, Growth, Opportunity and Forecast 2023-2028," the global skilled nursing facility market size reached US$ 328.8 Billion in 2022. A skilled nursing facility (SNF) is a healthcare facility that provides medical and rehabilitative services to patients. It is equipped with medical equipment and technology to support patients with complex medical needs. It is staffed by licensed medical professionals, such as registered nurses, physical therapists, occupational therapists, and speech-language pathologists. It offers round-the-clock medical attention and assistance to individuals with chronic health conditions, disabilities, and injuries. As a result, SNF is widely adopted for wound care, medication management, physical therapy, and pain management to help patients recover.
Global Skilled Nursing Facility Market Trends:
At present, the rising geriatric population and increasing prevalence of medical disorders, such as diabetes, hypertension, cardiovascular disease, Alzheimer’s, and dementia, represent one of the key factors influencing the market positively across the globe. In addition, the increasing adoption of advanced technologies, such as robotics, virtual reality (VR), wearables, telehealth, and mobile health (mHealth), in SNF is creating a favorable market outlook. Moreover, the rising focus on providing high-quality patient-centered care and improving the effectiveness of physical therapy are offering lucrative growth opportunities to key market players. Furthermore, governments of various countries are undertaking favorable initiatives to enable SNFs in improving their facilities, which is fueling the growth of the market worldwide. On account of the aforementioned factors, the market is anticipated to reach a value of US$ 516.8 Billion by 2028, exhibiting a CAGR of 7.74% during 2023-2028.
- On the basis of the facility type, freestanding exhibits a clear dominance in the market, followed by the hospital.
- Based on the service, the market has been classified into intensive rehabilitation therapy, low and medium rehabilitation, and medically complex. Presently, intensive rehabilitation therapy dominates the market.
- On the basis of the ownership type, the market has been categorized into non-profit, for-profit, and government. At present, for-profit holds the biggest market share.
- Region-wise, the market has been divided into North America (the United States and Canada), Europe (Germany, France, the United Kingdom, Italy, Spain, Russia and others), Asia Pacific (China, Japan, India, South Korea, Australia, Indonesia and others), Latin America (Brazil, Mexico, and others) and the Middle East and Africa. Amongst these, North America (the United States and Canada) enjoys the leading position in the market.
- The competitive landscape of the market has been studied in the report with the detailed profiles of the key players operating in the market. Some of the key players include Brookdale Senior Living Inc., Extendicare Inc., Genesis HealthCare, Life Care Centers of America Inc., Lincare Holdings Inc. (Linde plc), ProMedica Health System Inc., SavaSeniorCare Administrative Services LLC, Sunrise Senior Living (Red Fox Holding Corporation), and The Ensign Group Inc.
|Base Year of the Analysis
|Facility Types Covered
|Service Types Covered
||Intensive Rehabilitation Therapy, Low and Medium Rehabilitation, Medically Complex
|Ownership Types Covered
||Non-Profit, For-Profit, Government
|| Asia Pacific, Europe, North America, Latin America, Middle East and Africa
||United States, Canada, Germany, France, United Kingdom, Italy, Spain, China, Japan, India, South Korea, Australia, Indonesia, Brazil, Mexico
||Brookdale Senior Living Inc., Extendicare Inc., Genesis HealthCare, Life Care Centers of America Inc., Lincare Holdings Inc. (Linde plc), ProMedica Health System Inc., SavaSeniorCare Administrative Services LLC, Sunrise Senior Living (Red Fox Holding Corporation), The Ensign Group Inc., etc.
||10% Free Customization
|Report Price and Purchase Option
||Single User License: US$ 2499
Five User License: US$ 3499
Corporate License: US$ 4499
|Post-Sale Analyst Support
||PDF and Excel through Email (We can also provide the editable version of the report in PPT/Word format on special request)
IMARC Group is a leading market research company that offers management strategy and market research worldwide. We partner with clients in all sectors and regions to identify their highest-value opportunities, address their most critical challenges, and transform their businesses.
IMARC’s information products include major market, scientific, economic and technological developments for business leaders in pharmaceutical, industrial, and high technology organizations. Market forecasts and industry analysis for biotechnology, advanced materials, pharmaceuticals, food and beverage, travel and tourism, nanotechnology and novel processing methods are at the top of the company’s expertise.
134 N 4th St.
Brooklyn, NY 11249, USA
Americas:- +1 631 791 1145 | Africa and Europe :- +44-702-409-7331 | Asia: +91-120-433-0800, +91-120-433-0800