According to the latest report by IMARC Group, titled "Small and Medium Caliber Ammunition Market: Global Industry Trends, Share, Size, Growth, Opportunity and Forecast 2021-2026," the global small and medium caliber ammunition market grew at a CAGR of around 4% during 2015-2020. Ammunitions are the projectiles and propelling charges that are widely used in small arms, artillery, and other guns. They assist in igniting the propellant in expendable weapons and provide point- and area-target engagement with the help of handheld and crew-served weapons. The ammunition size is commonly expressed in terms of caliber, which is referred to as the diameter of the projectile as measured in inches or millimeters. Projectiles that are below than 20 mm in diameter are generally categorized as small caliber ammunition, whereas the ones with between 20mm to 40mm diameter are known as medium caliber.
We are regularly tracking the direct effect of COVID-19 on the market, along with the indirect influence of associated industries. These observations will be integrated into the report.
Global Small and Medium Caliber Ammunition Market Trends:
The global market is majorly driven by the increasing military expenditure of various countries. Due to the escalating geopolitical tensions and rising incidences of terrorism and territorial conflicts across the globe, governments of numerous countries are increasing their defense budgets to heavily invest in modern weapons equipped with advanced technologies. Apart from this, there has been a rising demand for small caliber ammunition for mild sports shooting activities that require pistols and rifles. A considerable increase in the number of shooting competitions being held across the globe and the growing preference for shooting as a major sports activity are creating a positive outlook for the market. The market is further driven by the widespread preference for AK-rifle series that utilizes medium caliber ammunitions due to their affordable nature, high availability and enhanced convenience associated with their usage. Moreover, lightweight small and medium caliber ammunitions are gaining widespread prominence among end users, thereby providing an impetus to the market growth. On account of the aforementioned factors, the market is anticipated to exhibit moderate growth during 2021-2026.
- On the basis of the product, the market has been divided into 7.62 x 39 mm, 7.62 x 54 mm, 30 x 165 mm, 23 x 115 mm, 23 x 152 mm, 12.7 x 108 mm, 14.5 x 114 mm and others.
- Based on the technology, the market has been bifurcated into guided and unguided.
- On the basis of the application, the market has been classified into non-lethal and lethal.
- Based on the end use, the market has been segmented into military, law enforcement and others.
- On the geographical front, the market has been segregated into North America (the United States and Canada), Europe (Germany, France, the United Kingdom, Italy, Spain, Russia and others), Asia Pacific (China, Japan, India, South Korea, Australia, Indonesia and others), Latin America (Brazil, Mexico and others), and Middle East and Africa.
- The competitive landscape of the market has been studied in the report with the detailed profiles of the key players. Some of these players include ARSENAL JSCo, BAE Systems, Inc., Denel SOC Ltd, FN Herstal (Herstal Group), General Dynamics Ordnance and Tactical Systems (General Dynamics Corporation), Rosoboronexport, MAXAMCorp Holding, S.L., MESKO S.A., Nammo AS, Nexter KNDS Group, Northrop Grumman Corporation, Poongsan Corporation, Rheinmetall Defense, RUAG Group and ST Engineering (Temasek Holdings Limited).
IMARC Group is a leading market research company that offers management strategy and market research worldwide. We partner with clients in all sectors and regions to identify their highest-value opportunities, address their most critical challenges, and transform their businesses.
IMARC’s information products include major market, scientific, economic and technological developments for business leaders in pharmaceutical, industrial, and high technology organizations. Market forecasts and industry analysis for biotechnology, advanced materials, pharmaceuticals, food and beverage, travel and tourism, nanotechnology and novel processing methods are at the top of the company’s expertise.
Follow us on twitter: @imarcglobal