IMARC Group’s latest report, titled “Smart Irrigation Market: Global Industry Trends, Share, Size, Growth, Opportunity and Forecast 2022-2027,” finds that the global smart irrigation market is expected to exhibit a CAGR of 14.5% during 2022-2027. Smart irrigation refers to an automated system that provides crops the required amount of water without manual interventions. It is an advanced irrigation system that collects data from sensors and sends predefined orders to actuators, making the water sprinkler to go off. It also analyzes nutrient content, humidity, salinity levels and soil conditions to provide real-time assistance of watering units. The smart irrigation system enhances the overall system by automatically adjusting the schedules to water at the right time. As a result, it finds applications across landscapes, turfs, greenhouses, and open-field lands.
We are regularly tracking the direct effect of COVID-19 on the market, along with the indirect influence of associated industries. These observations will be integrated into the report.
Global Smart Irrigation Market Trends:
The global smart irrigation market is primarily driven by the growing demand for efficient irrigation solutions. The integration of advanced technologies, such as artificial intelligence (AI) and wireless sensors with irrigation systems are also escalating the demand for smart irrigation solutions. These technologies are environmentally sustainable and lower the environmental footprint through efficient water usage. In addition to this, governments of different countries are taking initiatives to utilize automated irrigation solutions to promote water conservation and increase farming production. Furthermore, the increasing use of smartphones has enabled farmers to undertake training programs to gain technical knowledge about operating smart irrigation controllers. Moreover, the extensive research and development (R&D) activities to introduce reliable irrigation scheduling solutions, and sensing and monitoring technologies are positively influencing the market growth.
- Based on the component, the market has been categorized into hardware (sensors, controllers, sprinkler nozzles, water flow meters, and others) and software.
- On the basis of the technology, the market has been classified into evapotranspiration and soil moisture.
- The market has been divided based on the application into agricultural (greenhouse and open field) and non-agricultural (residential, turf & landscape, golf course, and others).
- Based on the system type, the market has been bifurcated into weather- and sensor-based systems.
- Region-wise, North America (the United States and Canada) exhibits a clear dominance in the market. Other major regions are Asia Pacific (China, Japan, India, South Korea, Australia, Indonesia, and others), Europe (Germany, France, the United Kingdom, Italy, Spain, Russia, and others), Latin America (Brazil, Mexico, and others), and Middle East and Africa (Turkey, Saudi Arabia, and others).
- The competitive landscape of the market has been examined, with some of the key players being AquaSpy, Inc., Banyan Water, Inc., Caipos GmbH, Calsense, Delta-T Devices Ltd., Jain Irrigation, Inc., Galcon Ltd., Hunter Industries Incorporated, HydroPoint Data Systems, Inc., Netafim Limited, Rachio, Inc., Rain Bird Corporation, Soil Scout Oy, The Toro Company, and Weathermatic.
IMARC Group is a leading market research company that offers management strategy and market research worldwide. We partner with clients in all sectors and regions to identify their highest-value opportunities, address their most critical challenges, and transform their businesses.
IMARC’s information products include major market, scientific, economic and technological developments for business leaders in pharmaceutical, industrial, and high technology organizations. Market forecasts and industry analysis for biotechnology, advanced materials, pharmaceuticals, food and beverage, travel and tourism, nanotechnology and novel processing methods are at the top of the company’s expertise.
30 N Gould St, Ste R
Sheridan, WY 82801, USA
Americas: +1-631-791-1145 | Europe & Africa: +44-753-713-2163 | Asia: +91-120-433-0800