According to the latest report by IMARC Group, titled "Smoke Detector Market: Global Industry Trends, Share, Size, Growth, Opportunity and Forecast 2023-2028," the global smoke detector market reached a value of US$ 2.0 Billion in 2022. Smoke detectors are electronic fire-protection devices that are installed to detect the presence of smoke, commonly as a key indicator of fire. They consist of smoke sensors and alarms that are contained in plastic enclosures. Upon sensing smoke, the device either sounds a warning to building occupants or issues a signal to a fire alarm control panel as an essential part of a fire alarm system. These devices usually detect the smoke optically and/or by a physical process. They can either be battery-powered single units or several interlinked hardwired devices. Since smoke detectors are affordable and easy to install, they are extensively being installed in numerous residential, industrial, commercial and public spaces.
Global Smoke Detector Market Trends:
The market is primarily driven by the significant expansion of the residential sector across the globe. A majority of the newly constructed residential spaces are required to abide by the building codes of the respective countries that mandate the use of smoke detection systems. Increasing automation, along with rapid urbanization and improving living standards of the masses, is expected to provide a thrust to the market growth. Apart from this, these systems are widely installed across the corporate sector to prevent fire-related accidents. The market is further driven by the growing adoption of photoelectric smoke detectors across numerous industries as these devices detect smoke relatively faster than ionization alarms. Furthermore, the advent of high-performance smart smoke detectors is providing an impetus to the market growth. These variants notify the users via smartphones in case the alarm is triggered. They also consist of self-testing features to monitor battery power and notify its status to users from time to time. These devices are also being integrated with the advanced Z-Wave technology that improves their overall functioning. On account of the aforementioned factors, the market is anticipated to grow at a CAGR of 8% during 2023-2028.
- On the basis of the product type, the market has been divided into photoelectric, dual sensor and ionization smoke detectors.
- Based on the power source, the market has been classified into hardwired with battery backup, hardwired without battery backup and battery powered.
- On the basis of the end-use sector, the market has been categorized into oil, gas and mining, residential, commercial, transportation and logistics, manufacturing, telecommunication, and others.
- On the geographical front, the market has been segregated into North America (the United States and Canada), Europe (Germany, France, the United Kingdom, Italy, Spain, Russia and others), Asia Pacific (China, Japan, India, South Korea, Australia, Indonesia and others), Latin America (Brazil, Mexico, Argentina, Colombia, Chile, Peru and others), and Middle East and Africa (Turkey, Saudi Arabia, Iran, the United Arab Emirates and others).
- The competitive landscape of the industry has been examined in the report with the detailed profiles of the key players operating in the market. Some of these players include ABB Group, Hochiki Corporation, Honeywell International, Johnson Controls International PLC, Robert Bosch GmbH, Schneider Electric, SECOM CO., LTD, Siemens AG, United Technologies Corporation, Ceasefire Industries Pvt. Ltd.
|Base Year of the Analysis
| Historical Period
||Product Type, Power Source, End-Use Sector, Region
|| Asia Pacific, Europe, North America, Latin America, Middle East and Africa
||United States, Canada, Germany, France, United Kingdom, Italy, Spain, Russia, China, Japan, India, South Korea, Australia, Indonesia, Brazil, Mexico, Argentina, Colombia, Chile, Peru, Turkey, Saudi Arabia, Iran, United Arab Emirates
||ABB Group, Hochiki Corporation, Honeywell International, Johnson Controls International PLC, Robert Bosch GmbH, Schneider Electric, SECOM CO., LTD, Siemens AG, United Technologies Corporation and Ceasefire Industries Pvt. Ltd.
||10% Free Customization
|Report Price and Purchase Option
||Single User License: US$ 2499
Five User License: US$ 3499
Corporate License: US$ 4499
|Post-Sale Analyst Support
||PDF and Excel through Email (We can also provide the editable version of the report in PPT/Word format on special request)
IMARC Group is a leading market research company that offers management strategy and market research worldwide. We partner with clients in all sectors and regions to identify their highest-value opportunities, address their most critical challenges, and transform their businesses.
IMARC’s information products include major market, scientific, economic and technological developments for business leaders in pharmaceutical, industrial, and high technology organizations. Market forecasts and industry analysis for biotechnology, advanced materials, pharmaceuticals, food and beverage, travel and tourism, nanotechnology and novel processing methods are at the top of the company’s expertise.
30 N Gould St, Ste R
Sheridan, WY (Wyoming) 82801 USA
Tel No:(D) +91 120 433 0800
Americas:- +1 631 791 1145 | Africa and Europe :- +44-702-409-7331 | Asia: +91-120-433-0800, +91-120-433-0800