According to the latest report by IMARC Group, titled "Smoke Grenade Market: Global Industry Trends, Share, Size, Growth, Opportunity and Forecast 2023-2028," the global smoke grenade market size reached US$ 485.6 Million in 2022. A smoke grenade is a handheld substance designed to produce a dense cloud of smoke upon ignition. The device consists of a canister filled with a mixture of chemicals that, upon activation, generate a large amount of smoke. It is designed for outdoor usage to control the crowd with a high-volume continuous burn that expels its payload through gas ports located on the top of the canister. It has a more extended range and thus spreads into a larger area than normal smoke bombs, which are widely used to signal their team members. It is used to obscure the vision of an enemy or create a cover for advancing troops. It can also mark a landing zone for helicopters or signal for help in emergencies. Besides, it has become a symbol of danger, espionage, and tactical operations and is often used to create a dramatic effect in action scenes.
Global Smoke Grenade Market Trends:
The increasing incidences of war, crimes, and conflicts between several countries are driving the global market. Furthermore, the rising popularity of airsoft and paintball games that uses smoke grenades for added realism is fuelling the market. Besides, the wide utilization of smoke grenades in non-lethal crowd control measures, especially during riots or demonstrations, is supporting the demand as they can be used to disperse crowds, provide cover for law enforcement personnel, or create confusion among rioters. In line with this, the growing adoption of smoke grenades in sports and entertainment events to create special effects in concerts, festivals, and other events is acting as another growth-inducing factor. In response to the escalating demand, several major companies are designing smoke grenades that are safer to use and handle, thus providing a boost to the market. Along with this, continual product innovations, such as the development of advanced handheld multi-shot grenade launchers, are also acting as a significant growth-inducing factor. Apart from this, the escalating demand for eco-friendly smoke grenades due to the rising awareness about toxic contamination is creating a positive market outlook. Moreover, the growing usage of harmless smoke grenades for special effects in media, movies, and television shows is impacting the market favorably. The market is further driven by other factors, such as reduction in smoke grenade production costs, widespread product utilization in training exercises, and increasing security concerns among the masses. On account of the aforementioned factors, the market is anticipated to reach a value of US$ 670.9 Million by 2028, exhibiting a growth rate (CAGR) of 5.3% during 2023-2028.
- On the basis of the product, the market has been divided into burst, wire pull, micro, and other smoke grenades. Currently, the burst smoke grenade represented the largest market segment.
- Based on the application, the market has been segmented into signaling, screening, and obscuring, riot control, and others. Among these, signaling exhibit a clear dominance in the market.
- On the basis of the end user, the market has been bifurcated into military and defense, law enforcement, and others. Military and defense presently, accounts for the largest market share.
- On the basis of the region, the market has been categorized into North America (the United States, and Canada), Asia Pacific (China, Japan, India, South Korea, Australia, Indonesia, and others), Europe (Germany, France, United Kingdom, Italy, Spain, Russia, and others), Latin America (Brazil, Mexico, and others), and the Middle East and Africa. Among these, North America holds the leading position in the market.
- The competitive landscape of the market has been studied in the report with the detailed profiles of the key players operating in the market. Some of the key players include 3rd Light Ltd., Centanex Ltd., Combined Systems Inc., Daekwang Chemical Co. Ltd., Defense Technology LLC (Safariland LLC), Nammo AS, Nonlethal Technologies Inc., Rheinmetall AG, and Sport Smoke LLC.
|Base Year of the Analysis
||Burst Smoke Grenade, Wire Pull Smoke Grenade, Micro Smoke Grenade, Others
||Signaling, Screening and Obscuring, Riot Control, Others
|End Users Covered
||Military and Defense, Law Enforcement, Others
|| Asia Pacific, Europe, North America, Latin America, Middle East and Africa
||United States, Canada, Germany, France, United Kingdom, Italy, Spain, Russia, China, Japan, India, South Korea, Australia, Indonesia, Brazil, Mexico
||3rd Light Ltd., Centanex Ltd., Combined Systems Inc., Daekwang Chemical Co. Ltd., Defense Technology LLC (Safariland LLC), Nammo AS, Nonlethal Technologies Inc., Rheinmetall AG, Sport Smoke LLC, etc.
||10% Free Customization
|Report Price and Purchase Option
||Single User License: US$ 2499
Five User License: US$ 3499
Corporate License: US$ 4499
|Post-Sale Analyst Support
||PDF and Excel through Email (We can also provide the editable version of the report in PPT/Word format on special request)
IMARC Group is a leading market research company that offers management strategy and market research worldwide. We partner with clients in all sectors and regions to identify their highest-value opportunities, address their most critical challenges, and transform their businesses.
IMARC’s information products include major market, scientific, economic and technological developments for business leaders in pharmaceutical, industrial, and high technology organizations. Market forecasts and industry analysis for biotechnology, advanced materials, pharmaceuticals, food and beverage, travel and tourism, nanotechnology and novel processing methods are at the top of the company’s expertise.
134 N 4th St.
Brooklyn, NY 11249, USA
Americas:- +1 631 791 1145 | Africa and Europe :- +44-702-409-7331 | Asia: +91-120-433-0800, +91-120-433-0800