According to the latest report by IMARC Group, titled "Smokeless Tobacco Market: Global Industry Trends, Share, Size, Growth, Opportunity and Forecast 2023-2028," the global smokeless tobacco market size reached US$ 19.12 Billion in 2022. Smokeless tobacco is a tobacco product that is not smoked but consumed orally. It comes in several forms, including loose tobacco leaves, plugs, or twists which can be stored in various packagings, such as pouches, paper packets, and small cans. The product is placed between the cheek and gums in the lower jaw to extract the tobacco juices, allowing the nicotine to enter the bloodstream through the gums without swallowing tobacco. It is regarded as a safer alternative to smoking as smokeless tobacco is pasteurized to reduce the number of bacteria that can produce cancer-causing chemicals. It is available in various flavors, including apple, peach, strawberry, honeydew, honeysuckle, pineapple, prune, and champagne.
Global Smokeless Tobacco Market Trends:
Growing consumer awareness about the degenerating effect of tobacco consumption is driving the global market. Along with this, shifting consumer preference toward nicotine-free cigarettes due to the risk of cancer of the head, throat, neck, esophagus, and oral cavity is catalyzing the market across the globe. Besides, the availability of various flavors allows consumers to customize their experience and find a flavor that suits their taste preferences, thus augmenting the overall demand. Apart from this, the increasing number of betel leaf shops and brick-and-mortar stores across the globe is providing an impetus to the market. Furthermore, several major companies are heavily investing in smoke-free varieties, such as snuff and gutka, thus creating a positive market outlook. Besides this, the rising demand for smokeless tobacco, as it contains twice as much nicotine as an average cigarette, which attracts users who consume high doses of nicotine, is significantly fuelling the market. Apart from this, various tobacco companies are using several advertising tactics to promote smokeless tobacco products, including sponsorships, social media campaigns, and in-store promotions, thus impacting the market favorably. Other factors, including the rising demand for flavored smokeless tobacco, growing facilities of the tobacco mills, and wide availability of smokeless tobacco through online and offline distribution channels, are also influencing the market. On account of the aforementioned factors, the market is anticipated to reach a value of US$ 24.78 Billion by 2028, exhibiting a growth rate (CAGR) of 4.60% during 2023-2028.
- On the basis of the type, the market has been divided into chewing tobacco, dipping tobacco, dissolvable tobacco, snuff, and others. Currently, chewing tobacco represented the largest market segment.
- Based on the form, the market has been segmented into dry and moist. Among these, dry form exhibit a clear dominance in the market.
- On the basis of the route, the market has been bifurcated into oral, and nasal.
- Based on the distribution channel, the market has been classified into supermarkets and hypermarkets, tobacco stores, online stores, and others.
- On the basis of the region, the market has been categorized into North America (the United States, and Canada), Asia Pacific (China, Japan, India, South Korea, Australia, Indonesia, and others), Europe (Germany, France, United Kingdom, Italy, Spain, Russia, and others), Latin America (Brazil, Mexico, and others), and the Middle East and Africa.
- The competitive landscape of the market has been studied in the report with the detailed profiles of the key players operating in the market. Some of the key players include Altria Group Inc., British American Tobacco plc, DS Group, Imperial Brands PLC, Japan Tobacco Inc., Mac Baren Tobacco Company A/S, Swedish Match AB, Swisher.
|Base Year of the Analysis
||Chewing Tobacco, Dipping Tobacco, Dissolvable Tobacco, Snuff, Others
|Distribution Channels Covered
||Supermarkets and Hypermarkets, Tobacco Stores, Online Stores, Others
|| Asia Pacific, Europe, North America, Latin America, Middle East and Africa
||United States, Canada, Germany, France, United Kingdom, Italy, Spain, Russia, China, Japan, India, South Korea, Australia, Indonesia, Brazil, Mexico
||Altria Group Inc., British American Tobacco plc, DS Group, Imperial Brands PLC, Japan Tobacco Inc., Mac Baren Tobacco Company A/S, Swedish Match AB, Swisher, etc.
||10% Free Customization
|Report Price and Purchase Option
||Single User License: US$ 2499
Five User License: US$ 3499
Corporate License: US$ 4499
|Post-Sale Analyst Support
||PDF and Excel through Email (We can also provide the editable version of the report in PPT/Word format on special request)
IMARC Group is a leading market research company that offers management strategy and market research worldwide. We partner with clients in all sectors and regions to identify their highest-value opportunities, address their most critical challenges, and transform their businesses.
IMARC’s information products include major market, scientific, economic and technological developments for business leaders in pharmaceutical, industrial, and high technology organizations. Market forecasts and industry analysis for biotechnology, advanced materials, pharmaceuticals, food and beverage, travel and tourism, nanotechnology and novel processing methods are at the top of the company’s expertise.
134 N 4th St.
Brooklyn, NY 11249, USA
Americas:- +1 631 791 1145 | Africa and Europe :- +44-702-409-7331 | Asia: +91-120-433-0800, +91-120-433-0800