According to the latest report by IMARC Group, titled "Sodium Silicate Market: Global Industry Trends, Share, Size, Growth, Opportunity and Forecast 2023-2028," the global sodium silicate market reached a value of US$
7.5 Billion in 2022. Sodium silicate is a colorless, flaked, inorganic compound of sodium and silica oxide, consisting of a silicate in the form of a counterion. It is manufactured by fusing silicon dioxide from sand and sodium oxide from soda ash. Commonly available in crystalline and anhydrous forms, sodium silicate is widely used in refractory cement, drilling fluids adhesives, mineral processing soaps, detergents and zeolites. Other than this, it exhibits various properties, such as enhanced stability in alkaline solutions, high temperature, acid and water resistance, and a strong adhesive. As a result, sodium silicate finds extensive applications across various industrial verticals.
Global Sodium Silicate Market Trends:
The increasing demand for basic sanitation and hygiene amenities across the globe is creating a positive outlook for the market. In line with this, sodium silicate is widely used to control the corrosion, emulsion of fats, alkalization, and reduce the calcium and magnesium hardness in manufacturing soaps and detergents, which, in turn, is facilitating its demand. Additionally, the widespread utilization of the compound in the pulp and paper industry as an additive for de-inking recycled paper, stabilizer for pulp bleaching, and adhesive to bond paper board and cardboard is favoring the market growth. Apart from this, various product innovations, such as the utilization of eco-friendly raw materials for manufacturing sodium silicate due to the rising environmental consciousness, is providing a considerable boost to the market growth. Moreover, the extensive application of sodium silicate in the construction industry for concrete hardening, building dustless concrete floors, cement refractories, and protecting previous building materials against the effects of moisture is positively impacting the market growth. Other factors, including the increasing product demand as a pH stabilizer in water treatment applications, significant expansion in the textile industry, and the implementation of various government initiatives to enhance stabilization facilities, are anticipated to drive the market toward growth. On account of the aforementioned factors, the market is anticipated to reach a value of US$ 10.0 Billion by 2028, growing at a CAGR of
4.65% during 2023-2028.
- On the basis of the type, the market has been bifurcated into liquid and solid.
- Based on the grade, the market has been divided into neutral and alkaline.
- On the basis of the form, the market has been classified into crystalline and anhydrous.
- Based on the application, the market has been segmented into detergent, paints, adhesives, catalyst, refractories, tube winding, and others.
- On the basis of the end-user, the market has been divided into pulp and paper, construction, automotive, and others.
- Based on region, the market has been categorized into North America (the United States and Canada), Asia-Pacific (China, Japan, India, South Korea, Australia, Indonesia and others), Europe (Germany, France, the United Kingdom, Italy, Spain, Russia and others) Latin America (Brazil, Mexico and others), Middle East and Africa.
- The competitive landscape of the market has been studied in the report with the detailed profiles of the key players operating in the market. Some of these players include BASF SE, CIECH S.A., Evonik Industries AG, Kiran Global Chem Limited, Merck KGaA, Nippon Chemical Industrial Co. Ltd., Occidental Petroleum Corporation, PPG Industries Inc., PQ Corporation, Sinchem Silica Gel Co. Ltd., Solvay S.A., Tokuyama Corporation and W. R. Grace and Co.
IMARC Group is a leading market research company that offers management strategy and market research worldwide. We partner with clients in all sectors and regions to identify their highest-value opportunities, address their most critical challenges, and transform their businesses.
IMARC’s information products include major market, scientific, economic and technological developments for business leaders in pharmaceutical, industrial, and high technology organizations. Market forecasts and industry analysis for biotechnology, advanced materials, pharmaceuticals, food and beverage, travel and tourism, nanotechnology and novel processing methods are at the top of the company’s expertise.
Follow us on twitter: @imarcglobal