According to the latest report by IMARC Group, titled “Soft Magnetic Materials Market: Global Industry, Trends, Share, Size, Growth, Opportunity and Forecast 2022-2027," the global soft magnetic materials market reached a value of US$ 27.6 Billion in 2021. Soft magnetic materials are functional elements that are easily magnetized and demagnetized. They are manufactured using iron, nickel, electric steel, and cobalt. They are commonly used to measure the electric current, magnetic field, displacement, and mechanical stress of transformers, motors, and alternators. Soft magnetic materials exhibit permeability, small hysteresis loss, remanent induction, low retentivity, coercivity, and high saturation magnetization. As compared to hard magnetic materials, they exhibit lower hysteresis loss due to small hysteresis area and reduce electronic components' dimensions and promote work efficiency. As a result, these materials are used for making temporary magnets.
We are regularly tracking the direct effect of COVID-19 on the market, along with the indirect influence of associated industries. These observations will be integrated into the report.
Soft Magnetic Materials Market Trends:
The widespread product adoption across the automotive industry in stators of brushless and brushed direct current (DC), stepper, switch reluctance, and claw pole motors due to their high electrical resistivity to iron and high permeability are creating a positive outlook for the market. In line with this, the increasing utilization of soft magnetic materials in electric vehicles (EVs), owing to their compact design, low noise, and energy-saving features, is acting as another growth-inducing factor. Apart from this, the introduction of nanostructured soft magnetic materials that exhibit improved hardness, wear, erosion and corrosion resistance, and higher chemical activity is providing an impetus to the market growth. Additionally, the increasing product demand in the energy and power industry, the rising population, rapid infrastructural development, and the growing need for improving energy distribution are propelling the market growth. Furthermore, the widespread product adoption in hospitals to manufacture medical equipment that utilize motors for regulated airflow, high torque density, proper control, and less noise is positively influencing the market growth. Other factors, including extensive research and development (R&D) activities and the implementation of various government initiatives for increasing power generation, are supporting the market growth. On account of the aforementioned factors, the market value is expected to reach US$ 43.8 Billion by 2027, exhibiting a CAGR of 8.3% during 2022-2027.
- Based on the material, the market has been classified into cobalt, iron, nickel, electric steel, and others.
- On the basis of the application, the market has been divided into motors, transformers, alternators, and others.
- Based on the end use, the market has been categorized into automotive, electrical and electronics, telecommunication, energy and power, and others.
- On a regional basis, the market has been categorized into North America (the United States and Canada), Asia Pacific (China, Japan, India, South Korea, Australia, Indonesia, and Others), Europe (Germany, France, the United Kingdom, Italy, Spain, Russia and Others) Latin America (Brazil, Mexico and Others), and Middle East and Africa.?
- The competitive landscape of the industry has also been examined, with some of the key players being Arnold Magnetic Technologies, Daido Steel Co. Ltd., GKN Sinter Metals Engineering GmbH, Hitachi Ltd., Mate Co. ltd., Meyer Sintermetall AG, SG Technologies, Steward Advanced Materials, Sumitomo Metal Mining Co. Ltd., Toshiba Materials Co Ltd (Toshiba Corporation) and Vacuumschmelze GmbH & Co KG.
IMARC Group is a leading market research company that offers management strategy and market research worldwide. We partner with clients in all sectors and regions to identify their highest-value opportunities, address their most critical challenges, and transform their businesses.
IMARC’s information products include major market, scientific, economic and technological developments for business leaders in pharmaceutical, industrial, and high technology organizations. Market forecasts and industry analysis for biotechnology, advanced materials, pharmaceuticals, food and beverage, travel and tourism, nanotechnology and novel processing methods are at the top of the company’s expertise.
30 N Gould St, Ste R
Sheridan, WY (Wyoming) 82801 USA
Tel No:(D) +91 120 433 0800
Americas:- +1 631 791 1145 | Africa and Europe :- +44-702-409-7331 | Asia: +91-120-433-0800, +91-120-433-0800