According to the latest report by IMARC Group, titled "Solar Control Glass Market: Global Industry Trends, Share, Size, Growth, Opportunity and Forecast 2023-2028," the global solar control glass market reached a value of US$ 6.0 Billion in 2022. Solar control glass is a specially treated, high-performance tripled glazed unit glass that is designed to prevent the extent of heat and light transference in an indoor environment. It is manufactured by applying layers of metal oxide or solar control coating on the glass in the molten state, which aids in reflecting and filtering artificial or natural light. Solar control glass eliminates the heat entrance, mitigates uncomfortable glare, and allows optimum natural daylight transmission in the room. Additionally, solar control glass lowers the requirement for air-conditioning; thus, it is frequently installed in residential or commercial complexes and automobiles to maintain optimal temperatures. Currently, it is commercially available in reflective, tinted, and neutral product types.
Global Solar Control Glass Market Trends:
With the ongoing construction activities, there has been an increasing demand for solar control glass across various residential and commercial complexes to maintain the optimal temperature in the indoor environment while minimizing the need for air conditioners. This is further supported by the growing awareness regarding the several beneficial properties of solar control glass, including providing sufficient cooling, reducing the usage of air conditioners, lowering operating costs, reducing sun glare, and allowing optimum light transmission. Furthermore, the rising environmental concerns, such as climate change, have prompted governments of different countries to promote the incorporation of solar control glass in automobiles to offer higher mileage and lower carbon dioxide (CO2) emissions and fuel consumption, which is acting as another growth-inducing factor. In line with this, the advent of coated solar control glass and its large-scale integration with dual window glazing, automated self-cleaning systems, and e-thermal insulation solutions to improve privacy in the commercial sector are contributing to the market growth. Apart from this, strategic collaborations amongst key players to engineer a range of decorative architectural glass with enhanced efficacy to provide remarkable visual appeal are creating a positive outlook for the market. On account of the aforementioned factors, the market is anticipated to reach a value of US$ 10.2 Billion by 2028, growing at a CAGR of 8.87% during 2023-2028.
- Based on the glass type, the market has been segregated into float, heat strengthened, laminated, tempered, and other glass.
- On the basis of the coating method, the market has been bifurcated into hard and soft coated.
- Based on the nature, the market has been segmented into electrochromic, photochromic, gasochromic, and others.
- On the basis of the application, the market has been categorized into residential, commercial, automotive, and others.
- On a regional basis, the market has been segmented into North America (the United States and Canada), Asia Pacific (China, Japan, India, South Korea, Australia, Indonesia, and Others), Europe (Germany, France, the United Kingdom, Italy, Spain, Russia, and Others), Latin America (Brazil, Mexico, and Others), and Middle East and Africa.
- The competitive landscape of the industry has also been examined, with some of the key players being AGC Inc., arcon Flach- und Sicherheitsglas GmbH & Co. KG, Cardinal Glass Industries Inc., Central Glass Ltd., Compagnie de Saint-Gobain S.A., Euroglas GmbH, Guardian Industries LLC (Koch Industries Inc.), Nippon Sheet Glass Co. Ltd., PPG Industries Inc., Schott AG, Shanghai Yaohua Pilkington Glass Group Co. Ltd. and Sisecam (Türkiye Is Bankasi A.S.).
|Base Year of the Analysis
||Glass Type, Coating Method, Nature, Application, Region
|| Asia Pacific, Europe, North America, Latin America, Middle East and Africa
||United States, Canada, Germany, France, United Kingdom, Italy, Spain, Russia, China, Japan, India, South Korea, Australia, Indonesia, Brazil, Mexico
||AGC Inc., arcon Flach- und Sicherheitsglas GmbH & Co. KG, Cardinal Glass Industries Inc., Central Glass Ltd., Compagnie de Saint-Gobain S.A., Euroglas GmbH, Guardian Industries LLC (Koch Industries Inc.), Nippon Sheet Glass Co. Ltd., PPG Industries Inc., Schott AG, Shanghai Yaohua Pilkington Glass Group Co. Ltd. and Sisecam (Türkiye Is Bankasi A.S.).
||10% Free Customization
|Report Price and Purchase Option
||Single User License: US$ 2499
Five User License: US$ 3499
Corporate License: US$ 4499
|Post-Sale Analyst Support
||PDF and Excel through Email (We can also provide the editable version of the report in PPT/Word format on special request)
IMARC Group is a leading market research company that offers management strategy and market research worldwide. We partner with clients in all sectors and regions to identify their highest-value opportunities, address their most critical challenges, and transform their businesses.
IMARC’s information products include major market, scientific, economic and technological developments for business leaders in pharmaceutical, industrial, and high technology organizations. Market forecasts and industry analysis for biotechnology, advanced materials, pharmaceuticals, food and beverage, travel and tourism, nanotechnology and novel processing methods are at the top of the company’s expertise.
30 N Gould St, Ste R
Sheridan, WY 82801, USA
Americas: +1-631-791-1145 | Europe & Africa: +44-753-713-2163 | Asia: +91-120-433-0800